Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:17 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,682,539 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of plans for more stores along Southlake Boulevard and there is also the retail space by Carillon along White Chapel Boulevard. Plus there's the 114 corridor whose construction looks to be coming a close this year... there's lots of commercial land around the 114 area along Southlake.

Do you guys have any insight into what stores will be likely or probably coming to the Southlake area over the next couple of years?

I would really like a Trader Joes.... I had hopes for a Whole Foods, but it seems that WF will be opening up in Colleyville. Would be nice to have some nicer restaurants around the Southlake area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM

323 posts, read 633,432 times
I guess eventually but fortunately, I don't need to worry because West Plano gives me access to Trader's Joe, Whole Foods, Sprout, Central Market, Costco, Walmart, Kroger, Farmer's market, Tom Thum, Target and almost everything else Texas offers.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bypass13 View Post
I guess eventually but fortunately, I don't need to worry because West Plano gives me access to Trader's Joe, Whole Foods, Sprout, Central Market, Costco, Walmart, Kroger, Farmer's market, Tom Thum, Target and almost everything else Texas offers.
Well that doesn't help me unfortunately... I do hope we get more stuff (good stuff) in Southlake. I'm crossing my fingers especially since there's a lot of commercial development going on or will be going on per the city news.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Southlake already has a Costco, Central Market, Sprouts, Kroger, Tom Thumb, Sam's Club and a Walmart supercenter. There is a Target just a few miles away in Grapevine and a Super Target in Euless/Colleyville, along with a Market Street and the aforementioned Whole Foods. So, yes, we have the same things here as in Plano.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM

Southlake elites shop at Walmart? ;-D

Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM

663 posts, read 1,724,546 times
Southlake ran their Walmart out of town several years back but yeah they still shop there. As far as Trader Joes goes, I lived near the one in Athens, GA for a while. I liked the store but I don't particularly miss it now, especially with Central market right there.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
Southlake ran their Walmart out of town several years back but yeah they still shop there. As far as Trader Joes goes, I lived near the one in Athens, GA for a while. I liked the store but I don't particularly miss it now, especially with Central market right there.
Wait.. why did SL run Walmart out of town?

Old 02-20-2013, 04:31 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
Wait.. why did SL run Walmart out of town?
The Walmart was the old style, non-supercenter building. Southlake changed their building requirements for the big box retail stores, and it didn't meet them, so Walmart closed the store. Almost immediately, the construction started on the Supercenter just a few miles up the road. The building that had been the old Walmart was gutted, and turned into the building that houses the Staples at 114 and Kimball now. The new building might be in Grapevine...not sure on this...

Southlake does have a bunch of nice restaurants. The Southlake Town Square center is full of them. The city just approved a Del Friscos, too.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
The Walmart was the old style, non-supercenter building. Southlake changed their building requirements for the big box retail stores, and it didn't meet them, so Walmart closed the store. Almost immediately, the construction started on the Supercenter just a few miles up the road. The building that had been the old Walmart was gutted, and turned into the building that houses the Staples at 114 and Kimball now. The new building might be in Grapevine...not sure on this...

Southlake does have a bunch of nice restaurants. The Southlake Town Square center is full of them. The city just approved a Del Friscos, too.

Do you know what else is coming to SL? I know Carillon is trying to get a bunch of retail and restaurants in their commercial section.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 AM

Walmart
2201 West Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092
(817) 601-0915
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas