Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM

251 posts, read 1,532,332 times

Advertisements

Was planning to take family to seaworld in san antonio for spring break vacation but recieved this free gift voucher from "directbuy dallas north" offering 3 days and 2 nights plus water park passes to great wolf lodge in grapevine and all im asked to do is attend a 90 minute visitation. They claim its not a ttimeshare gig. Any comments or suggestions on this?? Has anyone tried to take advantage of such an offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 PM

65 posts, read 123,048 times
lol i'll give up 90 min of my life for the voucher.. where did you get the info from ?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:14 PM

663 posts, read 1,725,337 times
I did the Great Wolf Lodge deal last year. It took about 2 - 2.5 hours of our time altogether. The voucher is legit but there are a lot of buts...

1. It's a timeshare gig.
2. You still have to pay a $100ish fee to get your reservation. That's better than you could've gotten the rooms for but it's not free. And they're not stupid. You have to use a check or money order.
3. The only thing you do get for sure is your choice of a 3day/2night weekday or 2day/1night weekend option. You don't pick your date. You pick some suggested dates which I'm pretty sure they don't read at all. If for whatever reason you can't go on those dates, sucks to be you and you lose the fee you paid (by check or money order).
4. It takes at least a couple of months to get your date. You send in your voucher (I think you can do that part online). They mail you something. You turn around and mail a check back to them. They mail you back asking for the dates. You send it back and wait... and wait.

That's all my recollection for a process we did over a year ago. I may have gotten some of the details wrong. We took our kids to Great Wolf Lodge and had a great time. My wife missed the last day because she had a prior business trip planned, but we knew that was a possibility going in. In my opinion, it was worth it at the time but I'm not sure I'd do it again.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 13,236 times
^ The detail of your recollection that is incorrect AND misleads people: " If for whatever reason you can't go on those dates, sucks to be you and you lose the fee you paid ( by check or money order)" is absolutely FALSE and against the law for them to withhold your DEPOSIT from you.
I'd give up 90 minutes of my time for a DISCOUNTED trip to GWL for sure! I went to a DB presentation, was there close to 120 minutes and was given the "complementary certificate" for Great Wolf Lodge- GWL. If you can follow instructions that are on this certificate and you can count and be flexible on your timeframes (because you can't call anywhere and demand your time frame at a heavily discounted rate- whether it be airlines, hotels, cruises etc) you WILL save hundreds of dollars and enjoy a fabulous trip!
NOTHING'S FREE. There is a "catch". The catch is: about 2hours of your time, completing a piece of paper with your basic information-contact info, choosing 3 travel date ranges 30days apart from each other (NOT 21 days, 13 days or 33days apart, 30DAYS!!! Read instructions folks, it'll benefit you throughout your life) and sending in a deposit per person expected to travel. Nobody books ANY travel without. Credit card on file OR deposit, right? Same deal here. EXCEPT they don't want your credit card #! Send a money order or cashiers check.
You 100% CAN get your deposit refunded if you choose not to take advantage of this opportunity. Bottom line is; it's not FREE. Nothing is free in life. It's an opportunity for a deeply discounted vacation and they require deposits just like any and ALL travel company's do. By law they cannot withhold your deposit. Now, if you get to the booking stage and you've agreed, signed off on the travel arrangements and THEN cancel, of course you don't get your deposit returned BUT you aren't charged for the entire travels.
If you're time is more valuable to you and not worth $100-$300 discount PER nights travel, then don't participate. But it IS worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas