Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 04:06 PM

3 posts, read 4,174 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone:

I'm currently sitting on a job offer in Irving that would require me to relocate from Memphis to the Dallas area. I would perfer to live in an apartment complex where the community has people between the ages of 23 - 35(ish). Just somewhere with a younger crowd that would always have something to do nearby I guess is what I'm trying to say. I have one more interview on Friday for a position in Memphis. As I look into accepting the offer in Dallas, could anyone direct me to an apartment complex that falls within what I've specified? The absolute most I could handle paying for an apartment is ~$900. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
WHERE in the Dallas area? The DFW area is HUGE and there's no reason to make a lengthy commute.

That max rent of $900 will be pretty tough in some of the more popular parts of town...

Old 04-10-2013, 07:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,407 times
You state a job offer in Irving but relocate to the Dallas area. Is the job also in Irving? or other location in Dallas. As ChristieP states, the place is huge. You don't want to commute from Garland to Irving, so an approximate work location would be good to know.

Should that job be in Irving then I'd suggest you start with a google search for 'apartments las colinas'. It would be a good place to get an idea of what might suit your needs and is Las Colinas is on the east edge of Irving. It has plenty of young life and a few after work meet and greet places, with adult beverages.

You might find a place there, take a one year lease to get the lay of the land and make further decisions at a later date. I'd suggest Uptown but the the rents run a bit higher.

Good luck...

Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,461,007 times
Uptown will have some apartments in your range but you're commute is going to be probably 30+ to work during peak hours. Las Colinas is definitely close, but there is not much to do there for someone looking for a younger crowd if you like going out at night. I would suggest Addison. Apartments can be had for 900 and its got a very active night life. The commute should be a little shorter then coming from uptown.

If you do look into Addison, your best bets for apartments are going to be anything in Addison Circle or Savoye. Savoye is going to be a little nicer then apartments in Addison Circle, but it is more by itself as Addison circle has restaurants and bars at the bottom.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:06 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCF1990 View Post
Hi everyone:

I'm currently sitting on a job offer in Irving that would require me to relocate from Memphis to the Dallas area. I would perfer to live in an apartment complex where the community has people between the ages of 23 - 35(ish). Just somewhere with a younger crowd that would always have something to do nearby I guess is what I'm trying to say. I have one more interview on Friday for a position in Memphis. As I look into accepting the offer in Dallas, could anyone direct me to an apartment complex that falls within what I've specified? The absolute most I could handle paying for an apartment is ~$900. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Jeff
You may like the Las Colinas area (Lofts as such). It is right in Irving so you may prefer it... the crowds in that area will also fall in your desired demographic. I think there are some decent bars but not even close to that in Uptown or Addison area. Your next best shot may be closer to Addison near town square circle.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,174 times
Sorry the vagueness! The actual JOB is in Irving. I spoke with an old childhood friend whom recently gradated from SMU. She mentioned someone our age would really enjoy living in uptown, but as you and ChristieP mentioned, it seems nearly impossible to find something in my price-range there.

I found a few apartments in Las Colinas that are closer to what I can afford. Out of the ones that I have seen, it looks like the Lincoln Las Colinas complex is my best option.

Thanks for the advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas