Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 11:01 PM

23 posts, read 170,470 times

Advertisements

I am visiting, got some good info on brisket places, now I am wondering if there are any decent Texas BBQ buffett's?

If so, where at and the name or as much as you know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver_2010 View Post
I am visiting, got some good info on brisket places, now I am wondering if there are any decent Texas BBQ buffett's?

Thanks!
Believe this will be the same as the ones posted under your other thread:

www.city-data.com/forum/dallas/193220-where-does-visitor-go-best-brisket.html

I would also add to this list Spring Creek Barbeque if, for no other reason, those luscious rolls! Yum!

Spring Creek Barbeque - Welcome to Great Barbeque

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-15-2007 at 01:54 PM..

Old 12-15-2007, 08:22 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver_2010 View Post

Thanks!
In Euless, there is North Main BBQ. They're only open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but it's worth the wait.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,534 times
I am not a fan of Spring Creek, just my taste buds. My husband though loves it, he gets the chicken or sausage. I am about beef here when it comes to bbq. I love Sonny Bryans sliced or chopped beef... it has the flavor I love. Dickies is good too when it comes to beef but Sonny Bryans has an edge over them imo.. you will get varied opinions here, it is a matter how you like the bbq beef.... There is a chain called Rudy's that has good bbq sandwiches made with fresh Mrs. Baird's Bread, sliced open for you on the spot and creamed corn... I though don't care for their chopped beef because they add turkey which is mixed into the bbq sauce... I like my meat dry with option to add sauce if desired lol. but the rest of it at Rudy's is still good. BBQ here is going to be different and vary chain to chain or store to store. Everyone has a signature way they make it so to speak... variety for the soul is good... go try a few... I have heard Randy Whites BBQ and Sugar Babies is good too...

Old 12-15-2007, 11:48 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Spring Creek Barbeque is NOT authentic barbeque. Any place that uses liquid smoke as they do rather then the good old fashioned real thing is a shame.

If your in Austin, check out the County Line, they used to have a nice buffet and its a nice place to eat. Most good barbeque comes out of places that look like dives, The County Line is very different.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 PM

4 posts, read 12,328 times
Sugar Baby's at 183 and Regal Row. Spring Creek and Dickies are nothing compared to this place.

They are closed on Monday.

Sugar baby's is in an industrial area. I may be spelling it wrong - could be Sugar Babies. Brbeque Beef and Pork.

Johnny P

Old 12-16-2007, 06:23 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Spring Creek Barbeque is NOT authentic barbeque. Any place that uses liquid smoke as they do rather then the good old fashioned real thing is a shame.

If your in Austin, check out the County Line, they used to have a nice buffet and its a nice place to eat. Most good barbeque comes out of places that look like dives, The County Line is very different.
I believe ya'll missed the good ones... in the link that was mentioned above.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:32 PM

9 posts, read 25,788 times
Montalba, Texas at the Olde Store, intersection of hwy 19 and fm 321. (About 100 miles south of Dallas)
They just started vending roadside in front of the old general store there since labor day on weekends only, Friday through Sunday. It's not a restaurant (yet) two old boys have a homemade pit they smoke on and I guarantee the food is excellent. There's no buffet though. They serve it straight off the pit. The atmosphere is awesome and the prices are right. 8$ will get you a pound of whatever you want. Brisket, ribs or sausage all slow smoked, juicy and tender. Sauce is served on the side if you even want any. What I've tried doesn't need a thing, but that's a personal choice. They're usually there from 10am til dark. Unless they sell out first, it's good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: