Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:46 PM

20 posts, read 88,335 times

Advertisements

I am in my mid fifties and recently moved to Dallas, actually Plano. Can anyone recommend a place where single women (not millennial types) hang out? I need to be honest up front, I am not looking for a long term relationship, but more of a "the lady is interested in getting laid" type place. I could try a cougar bar, if I knew of one, but probably am too old for that. Thanks for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 03:03 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
There is a perfect place for that in Plano. It is called Sambuca 360. Sambuca 360 has been around many years, probably 10+ years.

Sambuca 360 is known for being a place frequented by 40-55 year old women who are looking to have sex. I'm a Millennial guy in my 30s and looking for a younger audience than the typical Sambuca 360 audience, so I do not have direct experience there. Nevertheless, the place has a reputation.

The Rattlesnake Bar at the Ritz Carlton in Uptown Dallas is one of the places that tends to have a slightly older audience as well. I have been there on both weekday and weekend nights over time, but infrequently. You could find a 40-45 year old woman there looking for casual sex, though it's not quite the place like Sambuca 360 is for that.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:16 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Sambuca.

There is not a huge "singles scene" in Plano, though. Dallas is better for that.

Old 09-15-2019, 09:24 PM

PriscillaVanilla: Any suggestions?

Old 09-15-2019, 09:25 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpalm29 View Post
PriscillaVanilla: Any suggestions?
Used to be a place in Dallas called Sipango's that was very much oriented towards a middle-aged crowd, mostly wealthier types of people. I think it is still there in Dallas. Also, Javier's Cigar Bar in Dallas. Lots of pick-ups go on there, IMO. It's a Mexican restaurant but there is a cigar bar in the back and it's always busy/crowded. Just ask anyone in the Dallas section about Javier's. It's very well known.

You'd want to avoid nightclubs like Lizard Lounge that are geared towards the 20-something year olds.

In Plano, there is a Greek restaurant with a bar scene, it's near Central Expwy, can't think of the name right now Greek Isles?

Old 09-15-2019, 11:28 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Wow lizard lounge still around??
I used to go there back in my single days but that was well over a decade ago

Old 09-16-2019, 07:24 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,048,957 times
I think the days of "Pick up" bars are out. Have you tried a dating website ? I used POF in the past and it was very easy to be taken care of.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:37 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
I think the days of "Pick up" bars are out. Have you tried a dating website ? I used POF in the past and it was very easy to be taken care of.
Generally speaking, websites/apps have a huge male surplus problem. Even worse than a lot of bars. It's most pronounced in the 20s/30s age cohort.

The days of pick up bars are not necessarily out, though the bar scene has gotten worse in general over the past 10-20 years. Even 20 years ago, the whole bar scene was nothing amazing. The one advantage that bars have over apps is the immediate in-person experience, which can save time from going on a bad date if one is so lucky to get past the flaking, and actually get matches/response on an app. A lot of men are dealing with a lot of flaky behavior from apps.

I get more of my dates and relationships from approaching women in non-bar venues, then using certain bars for early stage dates.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:43 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I'm a Millennial guy in my 30s
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Even 20 years ago, the whole bar scene was nothing amazing.

Yes, I imagine having to stand outside a bar for years until you were old enough to be admitted was probably pretty boring.

OP, Sambuca does have a reputation as being a cougar hangout, but that doesn't work in your favor, as they are looking for guys in their late 20's to late 30's. It's also died down a lot, the mix of ages probably averages mid 30's now, where it used to average about 40-45ish. The only nights I would say there is a definite cougar vibe now are on ladies nights.

I would take the advice of others... at your age, you're better off using a dating website or app. Mid 50's is close to the age where women start to outnumber men significantly, so your chances of finding someone are probably pretty good as you have less competition. I know my father had no trouble at all finding people on a dating website, meeting multiple people in their early 40's while he was pushing 70.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:55 AM

Katana49:

That's my concern regarding Sambuca. Being in my fifties, I wouldn't meet the "requirements" of the ladies there. I'm not ready for the dating sites yet, because, as another poster said, if there is not immediate attraction you're done for the night. I like to party a little and see and chat with several ladies.

I might try Sambuca but don't want to embarrass myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: