Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 AM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,702 times

Advertisements

Although I live in Propser,I am somewhat familiar with the Rockwall area.We have visited friends there often and have really enjoyed the scenic views and charm.I feel like I am not in DFW when I drive over that stretch of 30.Seriously stunning.I like the feel of Rockwall,small town vibe,with plenty of things to do.While I doubt we would ever end up moving there,my In laws are seriously considering it (currently live in Colleyville) Since we spend so much time at their house now,we will spend just as much time there if they end up doing Rockwall.Things I am curious about.....

- There has been a mass amount of development recently in Rockwall. What is coming next? Are there any plans for a Whole Foods/Trader Joes/Central Market?

- What is the status of the Shores community.I know that the golf course went bankrupt a few years ago.The website is curently not working.What is going on now? Is it a public course? How much are the memberships?

- What are the HOA fees in the shores? That is the community that they are considering.What is included in the HOA fees?

-What are the water rates like in Rockwall? I know that they are very high in Rowlett.

Last edited by CREW747; 06-14-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 03:56 PM

21 posts, read 48,208 times
rockwall beats prosper absolutely hands down. Good choice.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:45 PM

264 posts, read 625,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post

- What is the status of the Shores community.I know that the golf course went bankrupt a few years ago.The website is curently not working.What is going on now? Is it a public course?
The golf course is open and operating as Rockwall golf and athletic club.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:00 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
I can't comment on The Shores, but my parents have lived in Rockwall (or the surrounding area) for over a decade. Rockwall is a middle to upper-middle class suburb. It has low crime, lots of shopping and restaurants, a cute downtown, and is very family-oriented. My parents live in the Caruth Lakes subdivision, and they love it!

I doubt there will be a Central Market built there any time soon. Although Rockwall is a great suburb, I don't think it has the demographics of Plano, Southlake, or northeast Dallas to support that.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Question Live Music Capital of North Texas?

I'm curious about Rockwall, too.

I tried several times to start a new thread with this topic, but it didn't post.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 02-27-2014 at 10:41 AM..

Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 AM

3,836 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
Although I live in Propser,I am somewhat familiar with the Rockwall area.We have visited friends there often and have really enjoyed the scenic views and charm.I feel like I am not in DFW when I drive over that stretch of 30.Seriously stunning.I like the feel of Rockwall,small town vibe,with plenty of things to do.While I doubt we would ever end up moving there,my In laws are seriously considering it (currently live in Colleyville) Since we spend so much time at their house now,we will spend just as much time there if they end up doing Rockwall.Things I am curious about.....

- There has been a mass amount of development recently in Rockwall. What is coming next? Are there any plans for a Whole Foods/Trader Joes/Central Market?

- What is the status of the Shores community.I know that the golf course went bankrupt a few years ago.The website is curently not working.What is going on now? Is it a public course? How much are the memberships?

- What are the HOA fees in the shores? That is the community that they are considering.What is included in the HOA fees?

-What are the water rates like in Rockwall? I know that they are very high in Rowlett.

Have family who have lived in Rockwall for 20 years. When they first moved there, there was NOTHING there at all. Rockwall has really blown up big time since then. I personally love the area also and would have bought a house there except for one thing: I30 IS HORRIBLE!!!! I really cant stress that enough. Nothing is more soul crushing than that highway when there is a wreck. And there is really no way out. Oh you can try cutting through Rowlett, but it's almost as bad. That is the only thing I dislike about Rockwall. Other than that, it's a fine place to live.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:30 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
My folks lived there from 1974-1995...talk about NOTHING there at all...we only had the one Brookshire's, NO movie theater until 1987 or so, only McDonald's and Sonic were there and maybe just a few others...no Harbor, no Buffalo Creek, no traffic at all. WOW have things changed.

My husband and I drove down 205 and then took some back country roads that used to not have landmarks just last weekend. The traffic was terrible but it was amazing how much things had grown. I would say if the OP's parents/inlaws are interested in say Lakeshore Drive (but not the Shores), that would be my favorite area. Developed trees, no HOA's, quiet pass through streets and nearly right on the lake. My folks lived on Dartbrook and I long for those days...I'm a bit nostalgic.

Anyway, I don't have specifics on The Shores, but it just seems so busy to me. I hope the folks don't work in Dallas because that WOULD be a nightmare of a drive. Even working in Plano and taking the tollway would be a bit stifling!!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:30 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,748,197 times
Rockwall and Heath Academic Decathlon Win at State | Rockwall ISD

Old 02-27-2014, 03:11 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
My partner & I love Rockwall, but as others have said, I-30 is the kicker if you're a commuter. Plus distance from the airport if you travel often. But we would SERIOUSLY consider that area to retire in if we're still in Dallas by then. It has a completely different vibe - almost resort-like!

Old 02-28-2014, 06:56 PM

188 posts, read 416,424 times
How about Heath? Are real estate prices reasonable? Is it commutable to Dallas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas