Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:53 PM

447 posts, read 321,992 times

Advertisements

1, You should re-do your driving licence;

2, Hope one day you dare to beep behind a big truck driving exactly to the speed limit:

3, Driving over-limit is Illegal;

4,Patience is a virtue;

5,Personally I won't drive over speed limit especially on the Community Road where their might be kids playing or walking after school. That is why in the UK, in residential area, we say: twenty is plenty;

Therefore on the residential roads of the community where both of our homes are, as a neighbor I have to be kind enough to let you know:the more you beep the slower I will be.

People who live in the lakeside school area in Coppell, be alarmed that there is a monster who would be driving over 35 on your 25-limit community road and if you happen to be in front of her you might be beeped and your baby scared.

Last edited by lily76; 10-20-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Don't you just love to block in people driving crazy.

I just wish sometimes I had an old 1964 Pickup with a big steel bumper.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:07 PM

235 posts, read 347,306 times
60-70% of the drivers in DFW should re-do their license. Many people in this town aren't even qualified to sit in the passengers seat. I can't wait for the self-driving cars to come out.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Don't you just love to block in people driving crazy.

I just wish sometimes I had an old 1964 Pickup with a big steel bumper.
I don't love it. I have a 100 other ways to entertain myself than blocking a ****ty running idiot. As doing so I put myself in danger. I just felt be so disgusted today.

As a parent, I do think that driving too fast in any residential area is DISGRACEFUL!

Old 10-20-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycool1111 View Post
60-70% of the drivers in DFW should re-do their license. Many people in this town aren't even qualified to sit in the passengers seat. I can't wait for the self-driving cars to come out.
These people won't buy self-driving cars. There should be speed cameras on places like residential roads and school district roads. If anyone pass the speed limit for more than a certain times he/she will re-do the licence. Every time I find people suddenly following the speed limit I see a police car somewhere nearby.
The driving limit is not the maximum speed you can drive but the minimum speed you should drive to go on road in the TX driving context.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:12 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
OP, is the 25-mph speed limit appropriate for the design & condition of the road? Or does it seem too low for the design? You may have your answer there.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:03 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,298,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I don't love it. I have a 100 other ways to entertain myself than blocking a ****ty running idiot. As doing so I put myself in danger. I just felt be so disgusted today.

As a parent, I do think that driving too fast in any residential area is DISGRACEFUL!
I agree that it is maddening to see people flying on residential roads. However, it is not really your job to patrol it. If you see someone going too fast, let them over, and then if you are so inclined, call the cops and ask them to better patrol the speed limit.

Speeders are a problem, but so are people that go to slow. I have seen several accidents caused, in part, by people that go too slow in the passing lane. The people behind them are anxious to go faster and make unnecessary lane changes because some jackwagon insists on going 55 mph in the left lane of the highway.

The single biggest issue, in my opinion, is cell phones. Far more dangerous than speeders or slow pokes.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 AM

74 posts, read 170,612 times
I live in an area where the posted speed limit is 30 mph in residential areas which I think way to fast. I tend to do 25 in residential areas, sure it ticks people off, however I don't want to be the one who hits a kid or animal so I can save 30 seconds getting home.

The big problem with the speeders in my area are the mini vans and SUVs being driven by soccer moms that are late dropping of the kids for something, that and the newly licensed drivers who think they are invincible.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:50 AM

477 posts, read 1,051,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis24 View Post
I live in an area where the posted speed limit is 30 mph in residential areas which I think way to fast. I tend to do 25 in residential areas, sure it ticks people off
Please do the speed limit and not 5 mph under. The road's speed is marked appropriately for its conditions and it's not up to you to decide it's wrong. I can only imagine the line of angry drivers behind you who are going to act impulsively and dangerously to get around you. That's much more of a danger than you just driving the posted speed limit. If you're that concerned maybe driving isn't for you.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
OP, is the 25-mph speed limit appropriate for the design & condition of the road? Or does it seem too low for the design? You may have your answer there.
The road is 's'shaped, and very narrow as well with many cars doing off road parking,and beside it is the community playground. Actually, I would think 20 should be the right limit for that road. 25 is quite high for a residential road. You can not expect 40 as the limit do you?

And most of all, the design of the road limit is not the reason to violate the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas