Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 07:54 PM

171 posts, read 359,038 times

Advertisements

My daughter is officially a Hockadaisy! Email was sent at 4:14pm!!
Very proud of her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 07:57 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,299,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Lamplighter is a FABULOUS school - every bit as elite as Hockaday, St Mark's, and Greenhill. The school has a great placement rate with other elite privates for 5th grade....that's the year many of the class sizes expand (vs the traditional 6th grade entry to middle school) simply to accommodate Lamplighter's 4th grade "graduates".

If you liked the school, I'd take the acceptance and not look back. It doesn't hurt to call Greenhill and Hockaday but I don't think many people get off the waiting lists.
Lamplighter is fabulous and you should be proud. If your little ones do well there it will open doors to every elite private school in the city. More importantly, great education, great staff, and strong parental support

Old 03-06-2015, 08:01 PM

I am worried about the morning commute. I guess I have time to figure ut about it.
I would love to hear about someone who commutes from West Plano ( Parker and Preston)... What is best in the morning?
Tollway? Midway? Best time to leave home...

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2015, 08:14 PM

88 posts, read 152,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London29 View Post
I am worried about the morning commute. I guess I have time to figure ut about it.
I would love to hear about someone who commutes from West Plano ( Parker and Preston)... What is best in the morning?
Tollway? Midway? Best time to leave home...

Thanks!
I'm interested in this as well. West Plano is one of the places we will be focusing on in April when we come out to look for a house.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:32 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC31 View Post
I'm interested in this as well. West Plano is one of the places we will be focusing on in April when we come out to look for a house.
I can't recommend West Plano for someone enrolled in Hockaday. Even if the job is in Plano, it's an easier commute for the working parent b/c it's a reverse commute and only done 1X per day vs 2X for the parent driving carpool.

Plus- more importantly- the majority of your daughter's classmates will live within 5 miles of Hockaday. Sure, there are girls from all over the metroplex at Hockaday, but the vast majority live pretty close to school. I'd rather be close which will help her & you make new friends easier. There's nothing in West Plano that you can't get in Preston Hollow/North Dallas.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM

I like West Plano a lot but the commute is going to be a pain especially that my little one's school is in a different direction.
If you can afford to live in Preston Hollow, Forest Lane... It would probably be a better choice, it will make things easier for you.
I just love the location of our house. I can walk to Wholefoods, Barnes and Noble, Lakeside...
I am runner and love running in my neighbourhood, I do a 5k every morning and I also walk to Gleneagles.
I am used to where I live now
Another girl who is friend with my daughter and who goes to Centennial got in too! I am not sure if I will do the carpool with them but we will definitely help each other if there is a need for it.
I am thinking of hiring a nanny to help me with pick up and drop off a few days a week.

QUOTE=MSC31;38718836]I'm interested in this as well. West Plano is one of the places we will be focusing on in April when we come out to look for a house.[/quote]

Old 03-06-2015, 08:48 PM

128 posts, read 231,674 times
London29 congratulations!!! What grade is your Hockadaisy going into?

Old 03-06-2015, 08:49 PM

Fifth grade!

Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 PM

Thanks!! She is very excited about it!

Old 03-06-2015, 09:09 PM

128 posts, read 231,674 times
We have done the commute from North Plano this year. Exhausting but doable. Preston is very quick if you leave before 7:00 am. Also, both Preston and Tollway are very quick if you leave right around 3:30 pm. We were planning to move closer to Hockaday if our little one got in as well, I don't think little ones could handle the commute every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas