Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 4,575 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are contemplating moving to Dallas from Melbourne with our two young boys.

My husband works in the IT while I work in insurance.We would greatly appreciate if you could guide us in regards to the process i.e.finding a job there, applying for E3 visa,relocation etc.

Also which suburb would you recommend in regards to living in?

We have two young boys and would like to know more about good public schools there.Since the younger one attends day care please provide and over view in regards to the cost of day care.

We are hoping to start the process soon, but are unaware where we start.

Any suggestions or inputs that you do provide will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:36 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Try asking in the Legal Immigration forum.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Agreed. Finding a legal way to move is going to be the tough part.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:10 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
You are 15 steps ahead of yourself. Don't waste any time thinkng about suburbs and schools when you currently have no employment plans.

The best way to live around the world is to work for a global company like Ernst & Young, Bain Consulting, Wal-Mart, etc and be able to put in for transfers from one office to another. Or by bringing your own investment income and starting a business here- we like new employers!! Or being one of 5 people in the world with your specific, in-demand career skills.

The chances of getting hired outside are close to ZERO if you don't meet the above criteria.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,171,745 times
Out of curiosity, why Dallas, assuming you have no family/employment ties here?

Old 01-06-2015, 07:24 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
Just to get you started while you're working on the visa business, for living and schools look north of I-30 (runs east/west through DFW downtowns), the further north the better, into Collin County or west of that. In a google map, search for 'Collin County, Texas'. It will know what you're looking for. You can hone your search as prospects improve.

For jobs, look in the Texas Workforce Commission website, 'Work in Texas dot com' - no spaces, dot = a dot.

Immigration is a touchy subject in Texas these days. We like legal immigrants, but there's far too many who have taken unlawful advantage of Texan's good nature.

Good luck, we'll keep the bar-b hot for ya...

Last edited by metroxian; 01-06-2015 at 07:32 PM..

Old 01-10-2015, 07:20 PM

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response.I did not realize that the first post was uploaded as it advised that the thread was not posted on my end.

We are wanting to move for global experience, and are trying to apply for companies from here.
Dallas was one of the options provided by some of our contacts who have migrated from the US to AUS.

Agreed, that a job is key...I guess, the question I was trying to ask was, are employers/organisations still interested in sourcing employees/ resources from overseas/ AUS...
Tried looking at job sites, but most of them dont advise if they are interested/ not interested in sourcing or sponsoring overseas employees...is there a seperate channel/ site for such jobs

Regards
Madmash

Old 01-10-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmash View Post
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response.I did not realize that the first post was uploaded as it advised that the thread was not posted on my end.

We are wanting to move for global experience, and are trying to apply for companies from here.
Dallas was one of the options provided by some of our contacts who have migrated from the US to AUS.

Agreed, that a job is key...I guess, the question I was trying to ask was, are employers/organisations still interested in sourcing employees/ resources from overseas/ AUS...
Tried looking at job sites, but most of them dont advise if they are interested/ not interested in sourcing or sponsoring overseas employees...is there a seperate channel/ site for such jobs

Regards
Madmash
Google it.

Most companies are not going to be interested in sponsoring you. I'm assuming you're not originally from Australia anyway...what country are you originally a citizen of? That does make a difference. Some nationalities aren't actually eligible for some of our visas, or are pooled into very long queues for family-based immigration based on quotas.

In short: it's going to be almost insurmountably difficult without sponsorship, which you're not likely to get.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:55 PM

We are Australian Nationals and were hoping to use the E3 visa category which was put in place by the 2 countries as part of a trade treaty a while back. ('05, I think)

The immi site also says that the org are only required to fill out a single form at apparently no cost to them as compared to the H1B visa...i.e. e3 visa process seems to be a bit more relaxed as compared to H1B....understand that the visa is not a dual intent visa but we are hoping to visit, travel and work for a couple of years...

Do all employers consider the above when helping aussie(s) to find a job in US? Or, is this something I should be advising as part of my application to them?

Regards
Madmash

Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmash View Post
We are Australian Nationals and were hoping to use the E3 visa category which was put in place by the 2 countries as part of a trade treaty a while back. ('05, I think)

The immi site also says that the org are only required to fill out a single form at apparently no cost to them as compared to the H1B visa...i.e. e3 visa process seems to be a bit more relaxed as compared to H1B....understand that the visa is not a dual intent visa but we are hoping to visit, travel and work for a couple of years...

Do all employers consider the above when helping aussie(s) to find a job in US? Or, is this something I should be advising as part of my application to them?

Regards
Madmash

Look, we're not experts on US immigration. We're not lawyers. Nobody here can definitively answer that question for you.

You need to Google this yourself so you can start the process on your own. We can't help you. Try a US embassy in Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: