Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:22 AM

170 posts, read 262,638 times

Advertisements

One of my friend had this issue. My friend had chosen a brick for his house same as the one that was put on a house near to his house. Builder noted the brick brand and ordered it. Now the new bricks had 3 types of bricks with 3 colors and is completely different from the one that he has chosen. But the builder is showing that it is the same name and is saying that the brick vendors can change the colors by keeping the same name. When my friend checked about the brick vendors for both the houses, both are different. Now the builder is not agreeing to change the brick as it costs him and is asking my friend to either cancel the contract(he may/may not get the money back) or pay the extra money for another brick. Can the brick colors change and keep the same name? My friend didn't like the new brick color and is fighting with them as he spotted that as soon as the brick arrived and they continued to put that brick on the house. This builder has the reputation of making many mistakes and harass the customers. They claim that Best builder in DFW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 10:38 AM

73 posts, read 102,732 times
Cancel the contract but get their money back. Did they sign anything about variation in product appearance (more so color variations especially in natural rock like granite)?

Old 07-07-2015, 10:44 AM

19,807 posts, read 18,110,313 times
It's completely normal for brick to vary significantly in color lot to lot.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas89 View Post
Cancel the contract but get their money back. Did they sign anything about variation in product appearance (more so color variations especially in natural rock like granite)?
There is a clause about the color variations. I agree that for granite. But the color change for a brick that too 3 colored bricks from a single color brick . They have chosen a plan and after 4 or 5 months builder came back and said that that plan won't fit in that lot and asked to change the plan. Now after changing the plan this issue happened though there are some minor issue. Not sure he is willing to cancel the contract as the house prices increased and he has to go through the same process again. Not sure how the brick vendors can have two different type of bricks with the same name.

Anyone has the similar issue of brick color changed though the name of the brick is same?

Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,820,805 times
It's very common for colors to change from lot to lot when you're dealing with man-made items, but also with natural stones like a granite. Somewhere in all his contract paperwork, he signed something that states he's aware colors will vary.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:55 AM

Original one:

New one:

Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 AM

Thank you all for the inputs . Only concern is colors were completely different and not sure if we can see this much change in color

Old 07-07-2015, 11:06 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,820,805 times
One picture is in the shadows and one is in the sun, so these aren't comparable pictures to see the colors.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:08 AM

73 posts, read 102,732 times
Yes, it's pretty standard that the buyer signs something in the contract that states that color variation is possible. I sure would raise hell though if the vendor changes their product's name and it reflects a different color when it came time for the builder to purchase the brick. In this case I think the builder should care enough to go back to their vendor and sort out their product change, and if possible get them to resupply with a proper batch.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:43 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,561,991 times
Actually they look pretty close to me, accounting for the difference in lighting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas