U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-08-2015, 08:03 PM
 
12 posts, read 26,190 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Hello... Can someone please tell me where I can locate burglary statistics about the 75287 zip code? Specifically, I am wondering about a gated apartment complex on Frankford Rd. in Dallas. Someone I know who lives there was burglarized today and about $2K worth of small, valuable items were stolen; things that can be sold on the black market. It was a key entry, not forced, and we truly suspect the maintenance people since they had a work order for today and had been inside the apartment about 3 times for other orders. The door was unlocked when the person returned home from work. A police report is being made. How do I find out the history of the area? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2015, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Dallas
2,084 posts, read 2,447,065 times
Reputation: 3400
I lived in 75287, and don't recommend it at all!

There are many known high crime pockets around there that I was not aware of. I started off renting a room in a nice house close by, but was enticed by the low rent so moved into an apartment. Worst mistake ever! There's nothing to do around there, and I saw tons of crime. I woke up every morning worried my car windows would be busted out.

I don't know where you work, but there are way better parts of Dallas to look into.
__________________
MODERATOR FOR AUSTIN, DALLAS, FORT LAUDERDALE, & TEXAS
Terms of Service/FAQ/Information for Realtors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2015, 08:14 AM
 
655 posts, read 753,755 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieT View Post
Hello... Can someone please tell me where I can locate burglary statistics about the 75287 zip code? Specifically, I am wondering about a gated apartment complex on Frankford Rd. in Dallas. Someone I know who lives there was burglarized today and about $2K worth of small, valuable items were stolen; things that can be sold on the black market. It was a key entry, not forced, and we truly suspect the maintenance people since they had a work order for today and had been inside the apartment about 3 times for other orders. The door was unlocked when the person returned home from work. A police report is being made. How do I find out the history of the area? Thank you.
Hi - we live in this zip code & really like it. However, I will say we live in one of the guarded neighborhoods, so that might be a different experience safety and crime-wise than one of the non-guarded neighborhoods or apartments in the area.

I can honestly tell you we've never heard of or had any issues with crime in this neighborhood or felt unsafe. It's great location-wise, as you have access to almost anything you'd need via the Tollway going South or North. That is probably the biggest benefit in my mind.

That being said, if you took away the guard or told me to live in one of the surrounding apartments, I would advise against it. The HOAs in this area regularly send out notices about crime sprees (normally petty theft) in homes and apartments along Frankford & Midway.

Living in the area, I will say it's surprising how many clusters of somewhat sketchy apartments they have hidden from the main streets off Pear Ridge just North of Frankford extending all the way to the Bush and also along Midway and in the ditch south of the George Bush.

I just don't know why you'd live in one of the communities if you have the option to live elsewhere. There are much safer apartments in other suburbs or parts of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2015, 01:30 AM
 
12 posts, read 26,190 times
Reputation: 16
Thank you for your replies; they confirm what I am learning about the area. I don't actually live there, but my son does. He is a professional and does live in a gated apartment complex. It's much closer to his work, for now, and is better than where he lived for the past two years near the DFW airport. However, I don't think he will be renewing his lease next year.

After posting my question here, I did an internet search through a television station's website and found a "crime by zip code" chart, as well as many comments and ratings on that site by the Dallas police department. It appears there are also many burglaries committed in Plano through garage doors left open. That was part of a comment left by the PD. People are too trusting. Look at this information at the following site. Very interesting. Thanks, again, for taking the time to reply.

I-Team Looks At Top DFW Zip Codes For Home Burglaries CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2015, 07:36 AM
 
7,280 posts, read 8,112,371 times
Reputation: 5366
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieT View Post
Thank you for your replies; they confirm what I am learning about the area. I don't actually live there, but my son does. He is a professional and does live in a gated apartment complex. It's much closer to his work, for now, and is better than where he lived for the past two years near the DFW airport. However, I don't think he will be renewing his lease next year.

After posting my question here, I did an internet search through a television station's website and found a "crime by zip code" chart, as well as many comments and ratings on that site by the Dallas police department. It appears there are also many burglaries committed in Plano through garage doors left open. That was part of a comment left by the PD. People are too trusting. Look at this information at the following site. Very interesting. Thanks, again, for taking the time to reply.

I-Team Looks At Top DFW Zip Codes For Home Burglaries CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

That area, like many big city zip codes across the country and Texas ranges from really awesome neighborhoods like Bent Tree and the gated communities to its east and north to some really crappy apartments mostly to the west.

We used to live in North Plano in a large neighborhood, I was on the security committee for years. Some years ~65% of the crimes were easy theft opportunities from open garages - golf clubs, tools, lawn mowers, string trimmers etc.

It's mindlessly irresponsible to leave ones garage door open unless the home features a sliding gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 02:05 AM
 
Location: Frisco,TX
16 posts, read 11,781 times
Reputation: 26
That area is definitely ghetto. I even distinctly remember seeing drug deals go down at the Walmart parking lot off Frankford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 07:22 AM
 
87 posts, read 85,588 times
Reputation: 66
There are really nice North Dallas subdivisions nearby so it isn't all bad but apartments aren't too desireable and petty crimes happen but far from a ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 03:22 PM
 
655 posts, read 753,755 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieT View Post
Thank you for your replies; they confirm what I am learning about the area. I don't actually live there, but my son does. He is a professional and does live in a gated apartment complex. It's much closer to his work, for now, and is better than where he lived for the past two years near the DFW airport. However, I don't think he will be renewing his lease next year.

After posting my question here, I did an internet search through a television station's website and found a "crime by zip code" chart, as well as many comments and ratings on that site by the Dallas police department. It appears there are also many burglaries committed in Plano through garage doors left open. That was part of a comment left by the PD. People are too trusting. Look at this information at the following site. Very interesting. Thanks, again, for taking the time to reply.

I-Team Looks At Top DFW Zip Codes For Home Burglaries CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Interesting report. It's crazy how 75287 is the sole Red dot, which again, further solidifies what I said in my OP regarding my perception as a resident of this area.

Also, this is another reason property values are generally lower on the West side of the Tollway off Frankford. When we moved to Oakdale, our realtor told us that Bent Tree West has much lower resale than Bent Treet North due to location on the West side of the tollway.

The further down Frankford you go West, the more ghetto it gets. Clusters of shady apartments and lowe rent strip malls. Yes, that Frankford Wal-Mart a poster mentioned is definitely trashy & would not surprise me if there were drug deals that went down there. Then again, drugs transcend socio-economic lines, and drug deals could go down in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city.

Anyway, we love living here for convenience & the nice thing is, if you DO want to go to Wal-Mart or somewhere similar, you can just as easily get to the one at Park & DNT vs. the Frankford one and avoid the ghetto. That's the nice thing about this location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 04:46 PM
 
7,280 posts, read 8,112,371 times
Reputation: 5366
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
Interesting report. It's crazy how 75287 is the sole Red dot, which again, further solidifies what I said in my OP regarding my perception as a resident of this area.

Also, this is another reason property values are generally lower on the West side of the Tollway off Frankford. When we moved to Oakdale, our realtor told us that Bent Tree West has much lower resale than Bent Treet North due to location on the West side of the tollway.

The further down Frankford you go West, the more ghetto it gets. Clusters of shady apartments and lowe rent strip malls. Yes, that Frankford Wal-Mart a poster mentioned is definitely trashy & would not surprise me if there were drug deals that went down there. Then again, drugs transcend socio-economic lines, and drug deals could go down in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city.

Anyway, we love living here for convenience & the nice thing is, if you DO want to go to Wal-Mart or somewhere similar, you can just as easily get to the one at Park & DNT vs. the Frankford one and avoid the ghetto. That's the nice thing about this location.
Ok I have friends in Bent Tree and Bent Tree West - I just had a beer with the Bent Tree West guy at lunch. BTW homes are less because that are generally smaller, less well finished out and they are not as close to Bent Tree and Prestonwood Golf Clubs as Bent Tree.

Also IIRC once west of Midway (roughly) one is out of PISD.

IIRC the Wal-Mart is west of Marsh.

I get that pockets of that area are not great. But that isn't close to Ghetto. Tour parts of SE Fort Worth, parts of South Dallas or The 5th Ward in Houston............that's ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top