Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:17 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,681,579 times

Advertisements

Great article....The Dallas area is certainly an exciting place to be right now...

When states compete for headquarters, Texas usually wins. Here's why.

Corporate relocation isn't slowing down as more companies make Texas home - Dallas Business Journal

What are your thoughts and predictions on the direction the metroplex will take next as far as corporations relocating here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 02:38 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,448,976 times
Farmers Coffee just announced a relocation from CA to DFW. With increasing regulations, costs in the northeast and CA, trend will continue. Also, miserable weather in the north is also influencing relocations south. With DFW airport giving access to anywhere in the US within 3 hours by air, no reason to be in a high tax, high regulation area. Watch for more financial companies to relocate.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:14 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times
I expect that corporate relocations will continue here.

A big part of the reason I moved here was the pro-business climate and the plethora of corporate headquarters in Dallas. I lived in Phoenix previously, and I was sorely disappointed with the business climate there and the lack of quality jobs and corporate headquarters in the area. Having corporate HQs here is great for the region.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:20 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,681,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Farmers Coffee just announced a relocation from CA to DFW. With increasing regulations, costs in the northeast and CA, trend will continue. Also, miserable weather in the north is also influencing relocations south. With DFW airport giving access to anywhere in the US within 3 hours by air, no reason to be in a high tax, high regulation area. Watch for more financial companies to relocate.
Agreed...DFW has ALOT going for it when it comes to attracting companies.I imagine we will be hearing about other big relocations soon.I think Toyota just kind of kicked it all off...

Old 07-27-2015, 03:55 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,231,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
Agreed...DFW has ALOT going for it when it comes to attracting companies.I imagine we will be hearing about other big relocations soon.I think Toyota just kind of kicked it all off...

Or spurred a wave as it seems as it was already happening. But Toyota peaked the interest for the area globally. Dallas is a very well rounded city. That's why I moved a couple months ago from Raleigh which pound for pound is also shining very bright.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:57 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,446,428 times
Meh. I think DFW and the Sun Belt in general, is just on the right side of the cycle of life. People forget now, but at one point folks were flocking to California because it was the land of opportunity, jobs and the chance for a better life. Just like DFW is touted today. California was so successful in attracting people that the state got overwhelmed and we have what is there today. And before people start belly aching about taxes, wait a while. We are already seeing property taxes rise rapidly in most DFW suburbs. This wont stop anytime soon (ten percent hikes in taxes every year! yay for growth).

And with tons of people moving here, it's pretty apparent that the infrastructure is in no way capable of handling the surge. Commute times are getting worse every day. The legislature's only move thus far is to run and slap yet another tollway on the populace. (Oh and did everyone enjoy that toll rate hike this month? me neither. Expect more to come in the future.)

Point being, the infrastructure required to take care of the thousands of people flooding in every day have to be paid for. And yes, that will eventually mean tax hikes for everyone. Fiscal conservatism be damned. So enjoy it while it lasts.

Sorry to rain on the parade. Carry on.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:16 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,262,684 times
Bottom line is property values and real estate taxes will not stop skyrocketing until wealthy Californians and New Yorkers stop paying cash for $300K+ homes, like it's a drop of change in the bucket. Remember, people have to actually buy homes from those people in places like LA, so they'll make their money.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:23 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,417,653 times
Assuming all states fail in building infrastructure is a mis take. Growth comes because of a pro business environment and sane regulation. Managing that growth with a can do attitude with fewer regulation barriers is still a challenge but can be done.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:36 AM

87 posts, read 127,915 times
There are pros and cons of everything but tax hike and congested traffic beats unemployment and foreclosures.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:37 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,417,653 times
I agree fully.

Whining about home values going up by homeowners is whining about what most of us want when we buy a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas