Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 01:18 PM

3 posts, read 3,750 times

Advertisements

Does Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) mandate that public pools be accompanied with shower stalls? The reason I ask is because our apartment community does not have shower stalls and it is gross to see people jump in the pool without taking a shower first. This is the first public pool that I have seen which does not have a shower stall.

I have tried to do a basic google search on DSHS mandate (or lack thereof), and what I saw is a guideline to the effect that shower stalls should be kept clean. However, yet to read something concrete on the lines of "public pool must be accompanied with shower stall(s)".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 01:39 PM

19,869 posts, read 18,144,412 times
There is no such requirement nor should should there be.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:20 PM

122 posts, read 163,204 times
Apartment pools are categorized as a Class C Pool. As such no showers need be provided. See Section 265.201 (e) 3 for shower requirements.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:40 PM

379 posts, read 366,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncity View Post
Does Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) mandate that public pools be accompanied with shower stalls? The reason I ask is because our apartment community does not have shower stalls and it is gross to see people jump in the pool without taking a shower first. This is the first public pool that I have seen which does not have a shower stall.

I have tried to do a basic google search on DSHS mandate (or lack thereof), and what I saw is a guideline to the effect that shower stalls should be kept clean. However, yet to read something concrete on the lines of "public pool must be accompanied with shower stall(s)".
There's a reason why the water is chlorinated.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:10 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,830,848 times
Quote:

I bet your apartment community is privately owned. Take a shower in your apartment then go down to the pool.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:42 PM

14 posts, read 15,325 times
People take showers *before* getting into the pool? This is news to me!

I've been to a lot of different pools (private, public, community, neighborhood, etc) in a lot of different places (multiple states, Mexico, a few different European countries) and none of them have required one to rinse off before hopping in. The showers (when there were showers available) were for rinsing off *after* swimming to get rid of the chlorine.

That being said, I think this begs the question... Where are you from? I don't mean to sound rude (and if I do, I'm sorry) but as I said I've been in loads of pools and no one ever asked me to rinse ahead of time.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:08 PM

3,822 posts, read 8,755,169 times
Quote:

You mean the pool that the kids all pee in while they're swimming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas