Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:30 PM

134 posts, read 139,540 times

Advertisements

If you are a fellow Seahawks fan, there is a large group that has an official Sunday/gameday hang out at McFadden's in Addison. McFadden's is a restaurant/bar type of place but children are welcomed, I think. They have a FB and Meet Up page. On Meet Up, they are called "southwest seahawkers".

I don't ever go because I live in Grapevine and all my friends are in the Plano, Carrollton area. Here is a link to their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/HawksNestatMcfaddensaddison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 12:33 PM

16 posts, read 17,303 times
I would stay in Seattle for many reasons. Outside of a job transfer there is no reason to move to north TX. Plus speaking of weather it won't get cold until November. There is months of heat above 80, so definitely no kids playing outside too much.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 636 times
All of these people talking about where they grew up, or where their children grew up, or about having lived elsewhere over the years aren't making a clean comparison.

I could say, "Why not move to my old neighborhood in Dallas? Heck, when I was a kid we played with the neighbor kids hours every evening in the front yards, riding bikes, climbing trees, playing basketball... until the porch light came on!"
Oh, yeah. That was almost 20 years ago. That neighborhood just doesn't have kids around now (& times have changed- parental fear, iPads, etc. It's just not the same *anywhere* and not a fair comparison).

I think you'll see that if there are kids, they will play... And they will live in the pool from may to September. Look up D magazine articles: they love ranking things like neighborhoods' family friendliness

Who has a 2 hour commute?! Are we talking McKinney to arlington every day? Don't scare the poor OP for no reason. 45 minutes is typical. Get a toll tag.

I love Dallas. I hate the heat. If I could have seattle weather in Dallas I would be in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas