Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 11:14 PM

537 posts, read 451,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
According to a friend of mine whose daughter was offered college diving scholarships at D1 schools, the best DFW diving teams are private. She dove for her high school and it just wasn't as competitive and the training wasn't very good. It really depends on how serious your kid is about diving.
A Plano Senior High kid is going to dive for Auburn in the Fall. Most of the diving kids all dive for the same club anyway, which trains mainly at SMU I believe. When you get into an individual sport like diving the UIL competitions are not near as important as what they do in club competitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2023, 06:04 AM

169 posts, read 104,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
According to a friend of mine whose daughter was offered college diving scholarships at D1 schools, the best DFW diving teams are private. She dove for her high school and it just wasn't as competitive and the training wasn't very good. It really depends on how serious your kid is about diving.
LOL. The best swim and dive team is in Southlake TX. End of story.

Heard of Haley Hernandez? Heard she's pretty good. They consistently win state championships year in and year out

Old 06-12-2023, 12:44 PM

245 posts, read 255,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicnod View Post
LOL. The best swim and dive team is in Southlake TX. End of story.

Heard of Haley Hernandez? Heard she's pretty good. They consistently win state championships year in and year out
I heard there’s a kid at Keller breaking Phelps records for his age bracket. But as the other person said, UIL doesn’t matter for swimming and diving.

Old 06-13-2023, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75214Dad View Post
I heard there’s a kid at Keller breaking Phelps records for his age bracket. But as the other person said, UIL doesn’t matter for swimming and diving.
Well except a UIL diver made it to the Olympics and the times for swimming and scores for diving are the highest.

In 2021 for the highest TAPPS Division the girls did the 200 Medley Really in 1:52:48. That won the race.

In 6A UIL they would have finished 20th out of 21. 1:43:24 won the race.

Again if you are going to make something up at least post some proof.

A senior in TAPPS smoked the rest of the field in the 200 free and did 1:55:83. That puts her 23 out of 24 in UIL. No offense but the best TAPPS swimmer ain't getting a D1 scholarship in this instance.

What about boys? a sophomore smoked everyone in the TAPPS 50 final and did a 21.78. That's dead last in UIL

Last edited by Cicnod; 06-13-2023 at 06:35 AM..

Old 06-13-2023, 06:42 AM

19,804 posts, read 18,110,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicnod View Post
Well except a UIL diver made it to the Olympics and the times for swimming and scores for diving are the highest.

In 2021 for the highest TAPPS Division the girls did the 200 Medley Really in 1:52:48. That won the race.

In 6A UIL they would have finished 20th out of 21. 1:43:24 won the race.

Again if you are going to make something up at least post some proof.

A senior in TAPPS smoked the rest of the field in the 200 free and did 1:55:83. That puts her 23 out of 24 in UIL. No offense but the best TAPPS swimmer ain't getting a D1 scholarship in this instance.

What about boys? a sophomore smoked everyone in the TAPPS 50 final and did a 21.78. That's dead last in UIL
I think the other guy was talking about club swimming being more important for the sport around here than high school not TAPPS over UIL per se.

Old 06-13-2023, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I think the other guy was talking about club swimming being more important for the sport around here than high school not TAPPS over UIL per se.
Yeah that I think both are equally important but that makes more sense. Typical of pretty much every sport except probably football.

Old 06-13-2023, 08:57 AM

245 posts, read 255,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

Yes, that’s right. Sorry if I was confusing. Haley Hernandez was a diver at the southlake club(GC). Started there when she was 7 with an amazing coach. I doubt she even practiced for Carroll, but they were happy to let her wear the uniform in high school competitions!

Club is all that matters for recruitment in everything but football and track- and there are people trying to create club versions of those sports, too.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:06 AM

537 posts, read 451,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75214Dad View Post
Yes, that’s right. Sorry if I was confusing. Haley Hernandez was a diver at the southlake club(GC). Started there when she was 7 with an amazing coach. I doubt she even practiced for Carroll, but they were happy to let her wear the uniform in high school competitions!

Club is all that matters for recruitment in everything but football and track- and there are people trying to create club versions of those sports, too.
You are correct. Club coaches typically have more impressive credentials than public/private high school coaches too. That is why club sports cost so much, plus of course the travel expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas