Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 06:45 PM

7 posts, read 28,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd079 View Post
Are you sure you want to move to that part of Dallas if you work from home? Why is your focus on Collin County? I know its a personal decision, but a lot of people do not care for that part of Dallas. Plano High is a mega high school and the kids get lost there. We live in Southlake close to the airport and I would much prefer Coppell, Flower Mound, Southlake, Grapevine etc. I like the vibe of the western suburbs more than I do the northern suburbs. Of course it is personal preference, but I do not understand the appeal of Collin County unless you work there. Even then, I would probably ask my husband to commute from one of the suburbs listed above even if he worked there.
Hi JSD079,
I really don't know much about Dallas. The reason for me to focus on Collin is that I have a friend who is living in Allen. He told me good thing about Collin County High School which is my to most concern for my kids. I could open to the areas such as Coppell, Flower Mound, Southlake, Grapevine.... as you recommended. Why not to do some more research? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 08:31 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd079 View Post
Are you sure you want to move to that part of Dallas if you work from home? Why is your focus on Collin County? I know its a personal decision, but a lot of people do not care for that part of Dallas. Plano High is a mega high school and the kids get lost there. We live in Southlake close to the airport and I would much prefer Coppell, Flower Mound, Southlake, Grapevine etc. I like the vibe of the western suburbs more than I do the northern suburbs. Of course it is personal preference, but I do not understand the appeal of Collin County unless you work there. Even then, I would probably ask my husband to commute from one of the suburbs listed above even if he worked there.
Nitpicking, but there is no PLANO HIGH. There is Plano Senior High, Plano West Senior High, and Plano East Senior High. These are 11/12 grade schools. Each senior high has two high schools, 9/10 grade that feed into them.

Yes, there are lots of students in the senior high schools, but getting lost? Not unless they want to. I graduated from Plano Senior, and loved the large graduating class. I found friends with the same interests and hung out with them. So much easier to find your niche among so many diverse students. I have commented on here before that a friend in a small high school found peer pressure to be a major issue. Shunning and gossip are both strong tools. I didn't have a problem with peer pressure at all.

As to living in Collin County, lots of people DO work in CoCo and would rather spend time with their family than hours commuting to other areas of the metroplex. Why do you think that one of the first questions asked when someone posts about where to live is "Where will you be working?" If someone works in Grapevine, I would never suggest anyplace in Collin County.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:58 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
Nitpicking, but there is no PLANO HIGH. There is Plano Senior High, Plano West Senior High, and Plano East Senior High. These are 11/12 grade schools. Each senior high has two high schools, 9/10 grade that feed into them.

Yes, there are lots of students in the senior high schools, but getting lost? Not unless they want to. I graduated from Plano Senior, and loved the large graduating class. I found friends with the same interests and hung out with them. So much easier to find your niche among so many diverse students. I have commented on here before that a friend in a small high school found peer pressure to be a major issue. Shunning and gossip are both strong tools. I didn't have a problem with peer pressure at all.

As to living in Collin County, lots of people DO work in CoCo and would rather spend time with their family than hours commuting to other areas of the metroplex. Why do you think that one of the first questions asked when someone posts about where to live is "Where will you be working?" If someone works in Grapevine, I would never suggest anyplace in Collin County.
Good point. If my job moved to Ft. Worth or Downtown Dallas I'd be moving. I had a long commute to Ft Worth in the past. After having a very short one the past few years I couldn't go back. Plus we have two small kids now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: