Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:59 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,491,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Well, that's the reason I don't do sampling from open platters. I've lived long enough on this planet to know how fruits taste like, I don't need to sample them and I certainly can survive in case a box of blue berries or a water melon is not sweet enough.
I know, I know. They were a type of blueberry I had never heard of. Wanted to try one. Hanging my head in shame. You'd think, or just hope, people would at least attempt to sample in a more sanitary way. Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:40 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
How about the bread section. I loved sampling the bread bits In the brown bags.
Until I saw a kid dig in the bag with nasty hands and didn't wait for his mother to use the tongs.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:14 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,491,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
How about the bread section. I loved sampling the bread bits In the brown bags.
Until I saw a kid dig in the bag with nasty hands and didn't wait for his mother to use the tongs.
Last several times I've been to CM in both locations I visit they have not had that bread with the olive oil. Wondering if too many people were being gross. Anyone else notice the attention given at the sushi area? Someone is always there at that sampling station. The sushi is brought in by an independent company.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:06 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
YES! I do love CM, haven't done Whole Foods in years. Had this exact conversation with my kid when we were at CM. Too many self absorbed people, I've been bumped and bruised by carts, like I'm invisible. It's weird. I nearly had a panic attack in the produce section because so many people around me were acting frantic. The woman who shoved her hand into the blueberry sample was one of them. She looked crazed.

I know what you're talking about! I know the feeling. CM is a nice store...it's the shoppers that ruined it for me! If y'all need me I'll be slumming it at Kroger where I'm not being pushed and shoved by rude entitled north Dallas snobs.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:06 AM

70 posts, read 74,318 times
wow. rub some dirt on it.

CM is the greatest store in Texas. frequent a couple of different locations at least weekly for the past decade+

stay out of the samples...i'll take them. have been for years and I'm still ticking.

They need to apply for the alcohol license that WFM has... that allows for buying/drinking/shopping while drinking said beer. Will be next level.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persdawg View Post
wow. rub some dirt on it.

CM is the greatest store in Texas. frequent a couple of different locations at least weekly for the past decade+

stay out of the samples...i'll take them. have been for years and I'm still ticking.

They need to apply for the alcohol license that WFM has... that allows for buying/drinking/shopping while drinking said beer. Will be next level.

You can keep it. I'm sure CM won't miss my business anyway.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:31 AM

477 posts, read 1,051,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
LOL don't get me started on that Costco. I have canceled my Costco membership twice because of that zoo. The last time was for good. I swear! I really got tired of trying to get around families of 12 shuffling slowly down each aisle. Four generations of the same family sometimes...like Costco was a religious experience or tourist attraction.
We've begun going to the one at 75 and 635. I thought it would be nuts, but so far it's been pleasant every time. I don't know if it's b/c there are still a lot of people to don't know it's open, but I love it

Old 06-22-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
We've begun going to the one at 75 and 635. I thought it would be nuts, but so far it's been pleasant every time. I don't know if it's b/c there are still a lot of people to don't know it's open, but I love it
I've heard some people in the neighborhood talking about how awesome it is. We're happy with Sam's so we're going to stick with that.

Most of what we buy at Sam's is fresh produce and unless Costco has seriously (and I mean seriously) stepped up its game in terms of variety & reliability (not to mention quality) in the last couple of years, we're sticking with Sam's.

That's what put Sam's over the top for us...they consistently and reliably have better produce than Costco. We buy and eat some things in pretty big quantities and we couldn't always find those things at Costco. Sam's always has tomatoes, always has broccoli, always has mushrooms, always has several salad mixes, always has berries....see where I'm going with this?

Plus, it really bothered me when Costco would suddenly stop selling something. Sam's is much less fickle in that respect. When I go to a warehouse membership club, I expect all the stuff I usually buy to still be there...especially if I have to drive out of my way to get there to begin with and ESPECIALLY when I'm paying for the privilege of shopping there.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:54 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
What is with people? To the woman who shoved her hand into the sampling bin of blueberries at Central Market at Greenville and Lovers on Monday, grabbing a handful of berries. We saw you and that was gross. Sampling can be risky, I think most people realize that. But normal people do the delicate toothpick thingy, attempt to not spread any possible viruses or bacteria. We were unhappy to realize we had sampled pineapple and grapes after this woman had been through that area, don't know if she crammed her hands into those bins as well. Ugh!
It's not ok to teach manners anymore so this is what we end up with..although the folks at the CM here in Southlake are nothing but classy as far as I can see.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
It's not ok to teach manners anymore so this is what we end up with..although the folks at the CM here in Southlake are nothing but classy as far as I can see.
The rot will spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas