Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 1,244 times

Advertisements

Hi all: New to the forum and had some questions about the Dallas technology job scene. I work for a large financial services firm in the data analysis field (business intelligence & data visualization, data management, data warehousing, etc.) Was at their coastal HQ for half of my decade plus long tenure there, and then in the DFW area for the other half (moved here at my request). Although we have a small office here, I was mostly remote-ing with my team at HQ. I am presently at the VP level. In the last year, there have been many changes to my team there and I mostly do not know any of the new members, and things are not as exciting as before - so am trying to change jobs to a position fully based here.

I haven’t done a job search in more than a decade and never in the DFW area, so looking for some pointers.
Does anyone have insight into the local data analysis scene? What are some good companies to apply to for someone with my background? How can I make connections locally, and which areas of DFW are jobs mostly located at?
And I know it will vary based on many factors, still, what kind of compensation range am I looking at?

Thanks for reading, all help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 03:37 PM

989 posts, read 2,441,448 times
Well jobs will be all over Dallas of course but I would say there is a pretty decent tech/data scene near Irving/Las Colinas and also downtown Dallas and Plano areas.

No idea on VP level salary but Director or even high level Manager should easily be 6 figures.

Most Corporate HQs here (and there are a lot of them) have some kind of data team, so you should have a lot of companies to choose from or look into.

I would start by doing a job search on LinkedIn and Indeed.com and see what companies/jobs come up.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:26 PM

263 posts, read 410,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Well jobs will be all over Dallas of course but I would say there is a pretty decent tech/data scene near Irving/Las Colinas and also downtown Dallas and Plano areas.

No idea on VP level salary but Director or even high level Manager should easily be 6 figures.

Most Corporate HQs here (and there are a lot of them) have some kind of data team, so you should have a lot of companies to choose from or look into.

I would start by doing a job search on LinkedIn and Indeed.com and see what companies/jobs come up.
Thanks, that is helpful.

Would appreciate additional inputs if anyone has them.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:49 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
You could stick to the financial companies: Goldman Sachs (Dallas), Capital One (Plano), JP Morgan Chase(multiple), Bank of America(Plano/Addison/Dallas), and State Farm (Richardson). You could also check out Citicorp in Irving.

Highest paying would be Goldman Sachs and Capital One. Capital One is in Plano. Goldman Sachs is in downtown Dallas.

I am not too familiar about the employment prospects of data analysis and science at non-financial companies in DFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: