Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 10:39 PM

7 posts, read 8,293 times

Advertisements

Thank you friends for the reply! I am now looking for Flower mound and Coppell as well. Another reason I was considering Frisco was that, sooner or later, I will try to change my company closer to Frisco, as many new companies are moving in that area.
I found 2 more builders which might fit in my criteria - Shaddock homes and Britton homes. Any first hand experience on these builders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 10:41 PM

7 posts, read 8,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Look man, I understand that you have to hit your home sales targets before year end to get your bonus but at least try to read the OP thoroughly before going into your sales pitch. It just might help you look less foolish. The guy works in Irving! Why would he want to live in far northern Frisco???
I liked your honest reply. I also felt like he is a Sales guy!

Old 09-18-2019, 10:44 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,166,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkakdeals View Post
Thank you friends for the reply! I am now looking for Flower mound and Coppell as well. Another reason I was considering Frisco was that, sooner or later, I will try to change my company closer to Frisco, as many new companies are moving in that area.
I found 2 more builders which might fit in my criteria - Shaddock homes and Britton homes. Any first hand experience on these builders?
All the subs are the same.

Please listen to everyone here. Stop looking at new construction only.

I realize it’s a cultural thing, but that 5 year old house is going to be better than the brand new one, and be a better value.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:57 PM

271 posts, read 298,392 times
OP, are you currently living in the DFW area? do you know what it is like to drive on 635, PGBT, 121, 35..... during rush hour. If you really care about schools, and you are working in Irving, you should consider southlake, coppell or even west plano. I personally know people that bought near 423&380 and work in Irving, takes about 1hr one way during rush hour if you don't take the tollway.
To answer your questions
1. It depends more on the construction manager and the workers that work on your house, not the name of the builder.
2. I know on the ready to build houses, at least the builders that i bought houses with, there is no room for negotiation. But to make a sale, sometimes builders are willing to offer credits, which you can use to upgrade your house. There are might be some room to negotiate on houses that are already built.
3. Hire an inspector and inspect the house before closing.

For a new construction house in Frisco thats $500k, 3000 sq ft. I highly doubt you will get a lot size larger than 10000sq ft. Most of the new construction houses these days are right next to each other, unless you go up in price or buy a ready to build house and select a bigger lot to build your house.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:08 AM

318 posts, read 339,148 times
Check out grapevine & Colleyville off 360 & 121 they’re new builds starting around $550-600
A lot of nice home under $500k but won’t be new, I commute to irving drop down through the airport 15-18min ride for me.

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Grapevine/...m_content=link

^Check this builder may have something smaller around $500k

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Grapevine/...m_content=link

^ few yrs old $500k

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Colleyvill...m_content=link

This builder may have something smaller in your range

Old 09-19-2019, 08:31 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
My opinion only: no house is worth 3 hours a day in a car to get back and forth from, especially when there are equally nice houses (and locations!) 15 minutes away.
If I could rep you again, then I would!

Old 09-19-2019, 10:19 AM

212 posts, read 280,226 times
He did exactly what I figured he would do, you see all those job opportunities and guess what you THINK let's switch employers, I'm closer to Frisco issue resolved. In the mean time housing prices go up. This is not rocket science gentlemen, just THINK what prices will be in 5 years, ours has almost doubled in 5 years. Why, we moved into our community from it's onset. Yeah. YADA YADA. Time has passed you by. Toyota just committed 400 million $$$$ to their San Antonio plant. Maybe, just maybe they might build a multi-billion $$$$ auto plant in NTX, you THINK! What would that do to the employment opportunity landscape then?You my friend have no VISION just ignorant 20th Century thinking. Check the status of the "rust belt" or the coal mining belt. You are an anachronism, an excellent example of the ol' saying: you can drag an ol' mule to water but you cannot, cannot make it THINK! Hundreds of thousands of new relocating residents have moved to NTX in the last 50 years I have yet to hear one complaint that it was not a great opportunity to live here!

Old 09-19-2019, 10:40 AM

9,549 posts, read 7,111,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
If I could rep you again, then I would!
Thanks, I was probably just reiterating what you had said.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:41 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,166,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiber Guy View Post
He did exactly what I figured he would do, you see all those job opportunities and guess what you THINK let's switch employers, I'm closer to Frisco issue resolved. In the mean time housing prices go up. This is not rocket science gentlemen, just THINK what prices will be in 5 years, ours has almost doubled in 5 years. Why, we moved into our community from it's onset. Yeah. YADA YADA. Time has passed you by. Toyota just committed 400 million $$$$ to their San Antonio plant. Maybe, just maybe they might build a multi-billion $$$$ auto plant in NTX, you THINK! What would that do to the employment opportunity landscape then?You my friend have no VISION just ignorant 20th Century thinking. Check the status of the "rust belt" or the coal mining belt. You are an anachronism, an excellent example of the ol' saying: you can drag an ol' mule to water but you cannot, cannot make it THINK! Hundreds of thousands of new relocating residents have moved to NTX in the last 50 years I have yet to hear one complaint that it was not a great opportunity to live here!
Or it could all go completely upside down.

Personally, I prefer living where there are actual trees.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:45 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,426,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiber Guy View Post
I'm sorry, is there a meaning buried in there somewhere, and if so, what is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas