Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
a nice house mixed in with homes of less value.
LOL in HP yeah I hate to be mixed in with those Shabby 650k homes in HP!
I think there like 1 2 bedroom cottage in HP for sale under 600k.
value is a realtive term. when even a 2 bedroom cottage can for over 500k, I don't think a 750k home will "bring down" the value of your 900k home.

Quote:
You will have a LOT of airport noise in Coppell or Flower Mound.
MY sis lives in Coppell, you can hear the rumbel of planes inside her house. start around 5:30am and end around 10pm. NOt super loud, but a distinct rumble yes.
PLus for the OP price tag...I WOULDN'T buy in Flowermound that would be a tought re-sale.

Westlake is nice and has big lots. Schools would either be Keller, Carroll, or NWISD. and Westlake Academy. I don't know how far your 900k will go there but It's beautiful.

MOst of southlake sits WEST of DFW on not on hte flight plan so in most areas you won't hear plane noise too often.

Trophy club has smaller lots but it has trees and hills.
go to west Plano. You will get your big house and have good schools. But I don't know about lot size etc...

From your privious posts you wanted something like the woodlands in Houston. Southlake/Westlake is the area that best fits your criteria of that and big lot size and trees etc...
North Keller on the Westlake boarder has some beautiful homes on acre wooded lots etc...

Seriously I think the ONLY place you will be happy in this area is West Plano, Southlake, or Westlake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 09:39 AM

4 posts, read 15,442 times
I would consider living in central dallas (preston hollow, lakewood) & sending your kids to private school.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:46 PM

87 posts, read 422,254 times
My husband works from home but travels alot. We need to be near an international airport.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
You don't need private schools in Lakewood - our top two grads last year went to Yale and Princeton.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
My husband works from home but travels alot. We need to be near an international airport.
IF this is the reason you are disqualifing Preston Hollow and Lakewood...then that puts the park cities out as well.
They are all very close to Love Field and it has intl flights...but only Air canada I believe.

They are all (Park cities, Lakewood, Preston hollow) just about the same distance to DFW. So if you were looking in HP, why not include the other areas?

So, for Dallas propper...the neighobrhoods you are given are the Park cities, Lakewood, and Preston Hollow area. but both Preston Hollow and Lakewood are DISD...many in those areas send thier kids to private school. (more in upper grades than elem)

For areas clsoe to DFW you've been given.....Southlake, Grapevine, Colleyville, Keller, Westlake, Coppell and Plano.

all the areas have pros and cons..you are going to have to do some give and take to see what best fits you. Come out here and stay for 2 weeks. Spend 1 week looking in the Dallas area and 1 week looking over by DFW...drive around, go to the schools, the malls etc...

SO MANY people on both this forum and the FT Worth forum have really been trying to help you, but you just don't seem satisfied with the anwsers given. I don't think you are going to find your Utopia here. Upper class housing, lots of trees, big lots, nice shopping, close to internaltional airport, best schools, etc... under 900k

Old 05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
aeh

318 posts, read 1,621,878 times
I sympathize with the poster. As we have moved around a lot, we knew upon returning to the Dallas area that we wanted to get the best bang for our buck....everyone does. There are a lot of choices in the Dallas area and we had a really tough time narrowing it down. We looked at a lot of the same areas the OP is looking at and were in a higher range as well. The thing about the Dallas area is that frankly there are many good choices and you will likely be happy anywhere you settle in the area of the areas you are looking at. Definitely it's easy to analyze it all to death. It is good to do your homework and to find the best fit for your needs and family. However, out of all of the places we have lived, it was usually fairly simple for us to pick a good area and then just narrow down the houses. In Dallas, there many differrent good areas to pick from. Come see what feels right to you and synthesize the answers on this board with what feels right. These are people's opinions. I am confident you will be happy in the Dallas area.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:10 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
They are all very close to Love Field and it has intl flights...but only Air canada I believe.
erm, there aren't any international flights out of Love...

Old 05-13-2008, 07:47 AM

^ thank for the clairification
The website I used must have old info...sorry no more air canada! (I googled it too dang)

Southwest, Jet express, American and Continental...
Dallas Love Field Airport Guide: Air Carriers (http://www.dallas-lovefield.com/airportguide/AirportGuideA.htm - broken link)

So drive to DFW or fly to Houston or another major airport for intnl flights

Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeh View Post
I Like Houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I love LAMP!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 04:07 PM
aeh

318 posts, read 1,621,878 times
My son has definitely seen me looking at one too many real estate websites!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas