Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2023, 01:15 PM

252 posts, read 207,322 times

Advertisements

Zillow’s predictions for the Hottest Real Estate Markets of 2023 are out—and Dallas clocks in at No. 4 on the list.

Dallas follows Charlotte, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh on the list, and is the only Texas city that made the cut. Austin, 2021’s hottest market, fell all the way to 29th on this year’s list—largely because it now ranks “among the country’s most expensive large markets,” Zillow said.

“This year’s hottest markets will feel much chillier than they did a year ago,” Anushna Prakash, economic data analyst at Zillow, said in a statement. “The desire to move hasn’t changed, but both buyers and sellers are frozen in place by higher mortgage rates, slowing the housing market to a crawl. Markets that offer relative affordability and room to grow are poised to stand out, especially given the prevalence of remote work. The good news for buyers is that monthly housing costs have stopped climbing. Home shoppers who can overcome affordability hurdles will find a more comfortable market this year, with more time to consider options and less chance of a bidding war, even if they’re shopping in one of the hottest markets.”

4. Dallas

Known for its high concentration of restaurants, shopping centers, and its designation as the birthplace of the frozen margarita machine, Dallas is the westernmost market on this list. Dallas features a humid, subtropical climate with hot summers. The metro area saw new listings drop 33% from pre-pandemic levels, as of January 2023. Shoppers here may do best to stay on top of listings. Popular homes will still go fast.

https://www.zillow.com/resources/sta...-markets-2023/

https://dallasinnovates.com/zillow-p...-u-s-for-2023/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2023, 07:37 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,081,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_FTW View Post
The good news for buyers is that monthly housing costs have stopped climbing. Home shoppers who can overcome affordability hurdles will find a more comfortable market this year, with more time to consider options and less chance of a bidding war, even if they’re shopping in one of the hottest markets.”
No, it's just as bad now as it was in 2021 and early 2022. In fact, it's at least as bad as it was at the very peak of last year. People thinking they have a good opportunity to buy now are a few months behind the curve. Prices are skyrocketing out of control right now, and the bidding wars are back.

Old 03-26-2023, 09:05 PM

45 posts, read 47,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
No, it's just as bad now as it was in 2021 and early 2022. In fact, it's at least as bad as it was at the very peak of last year. People thinking they have a good opportunity to buy now are a few months behind the curve. Prices are skyrocketing out of control right now, and the bidding wars are back.
Where are the bidding wars back in the DFW, I'm curious?

Old 03-27-2023, 06:41 AM

252 posts, read 207,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
Bring me some facts before I waste my time proving just how wrong you are.

Old 03-27-2023, 06:56 AM

19,773 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_FTW View Post
Bring me some facts before I waste my time proving just how wrong you are.
I hate to agree with Leonard about anything, ever, even partially. I'm pretty sure 90% of what he writes here is just a series of gags.

An anecdote.
A good friend is a realtor. One of her clients is moving in from elsewhere. The people put in a bid on a home around Royal a little east of DNT. In weekend before last, according to the seller's realtor........11 bids, 5 cash, 1 cash bid over ask.

Old 03-27-2023, 08:32 AM

63 posts, read 80,470 times
Default quick and dirty search for active zillow listings that are in multiple offers situation

I am not an expert by any means nor I am an agent, but this link has a list of properties that has 'multiple offers' in description

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...22%3A%7B%7D%7D

Old 03-27-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I hate to agree with Leonard about anything, ever, even partially. I'm pretty sure 90% of what he writes here is just a series of gags.

An anecdote.
A good friend is a realtor. One of her clients is moving in from elsewhere. The people put in a bid on a home around Royal a little east of DNT. In weekend before last, according to the seller's realtor........11 bids, 5 cash, 1 cash bid over ask.
I can see this for that area

Old 03-27-2023, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_Midwest View Post
I am not an expert by any means nor I am an agent, but this link has a list of properties that has 'multiple offers' in description

Most offers are due today it says, it will be interesting to see what happens. Some areas of the DFW I can see this happening when you want an older home and certain burbs are built out for what you want and need, but again it will interesting to see where this goes in the long run. Considering the source there are some good agents with integrity, however many are lacking it so the best and multiple could just be a gimmick. They see bidding wars in certain parts of Dallas where folks are trying to get into certain neighborhoods and figure why not unless you are the agent or owner who can really verify the actual bidding, either way we shall see what happens this year.

Old 03-27-2023, 01:27 PM

21 posts, read 13,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_Midwest View Post

And this one in particular, from your list, claims multiple offers:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...26721684_zpid/

Hmmmm, no wonder they have received multiple offers! Such a beauty, and in a great neighborhood!!

Old 03-27-2023, 03:33 PM

869 posts, read 318,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmings View Post
And this one in particular, from your list, claims multiple offers:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...26721684_zpid/

Hmmmm, no wonder they have received multiple offers! Such a beauty, and in a great neighborhood!!

Geez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas