Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 08:06 PM

27 posts, read 18,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
San Antonio could work. On the north side you can look at Boerne, bulverde, and spring branch. South you have floresville and Pleasanton. For the price you put you can pretty much buy a mansion in floresville or Pleasanton. Castroville to the west, and bandera, but that is a little bit further out of town.
Probably not, because of wanting to use DFW airport every month or so.

I'd love to make it work, because I agree that San Antonio is fantastic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
Yeah I like the outskirts of Fort Worth idea.

West, South, and Southwest of Benbrook lake there's listings for 2-4 acres in your price range (it's a combination of Southern Aledo, the end of forth worth city limits, and Northern Crowley).

Your only 15-20 minutes from those areas to City View Towne Crossing which is a shopping center in Fort Worth that has like 90% of the retail stores you wanted.

It gets cheaper the farther down Crowley you go (headed towards Joshua). Much more likely to get 5 or more acres in your range and although you'd be outside the "15-20 minute range" of the city view shopping you'd be close to all of the retail in downtown Burleson.
South/Southwest of Benbrook certainly sounds perfect.

Around the Crowley area, is this far enough to not be disturbed by flight paths from DFW airport in middle of the night?

Old 10-12-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Daisy View Post
I'd head more toward Bridgeport, Boyd, Decatur .. still rural, easy to get to DFW on 114, and into the "outlet" mall at 114 and 35E, then down to the Presidio Junction/Alliance shopping area, and you can go a bit further down into Fort Worth .. or skip into Fort Worth on Busines 287 through Saginaw and skip 35 (I do!)
This definitely sounds good.
Can I assume that this area, let's say anything Northwest of Rhome, is not going to suffer any noise from Meacham international or Lockheed?

Old 10-12-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
Aledo!
Aledo is definitely on the short list.
When can I move in?

Old 10-12-2022, 08:42 PM

317 posts, read 228,511 times
Wise County, on the way to Decatur. Look along the 380 corridor west of Denton.

Old 10-13-2022, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post
Wise County, on the way to Decatur. Look along the 380 corridor west of Denton.
Looks like some great options there. Thanks for the tip!

Old 10-13-2022, 04:05 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
You'll have to move fast on Aledo. It's getting built up quickly. The schools are bursting at the seams. If you have to take Chisholm Trail in Crowley to get to City View the tolls will really add up.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:14 AM

95 posts, read 70,075 times
Definitely agree with most on this board. Weatherford to Cleburne should be focus area.

The shops at clearfork should satisfy your wife's needs and the rest of the retail you listed should be mostly closer.

Old 10-13-2022, 04:15 PM

Is it true Dallas city dumps bus loads of homeless in Denton, just to get them out of Dallas and offload the problem to elsewhere?

Old 10-13-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmebutter View Post
Definitely agree with most on this board. Weatherford to Cleburne should be focus area.

The shops at clearfork should satisfy your wife's needs and the rest of the retail you listed should be mostly closer.
Yes, I think that is definitely my priority area to be focussing on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas