Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 02:44 PM

5 posts, read 2,916 times

Advertisements

Several suggestions for Brookhaven. Adding it to our list to check out. While I have had friends who were members there, I have never been.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 02:50 PM

5 posts, read 2,916 times
EDS,

We could tolerate being "far out" because we are retired empty nesters. However, the community would have to have good grocery stores and gyms close by. That was one thing that I noticed about Trophy Club. I felt like I would be driving every day to Southlake/Colleyville to go to the gym and grocery store.

As far as spending for golf, since we are not serious golfers (enjoyed living in a golf course/country club community in another state) we are not interested in spending an insane amount.

Thank you.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:02 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Trophy Club is literally a 10-minute drive from Southlake. There is also a very nice Tom Thumb grocery store in Trophy Club.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:19 PM

771 posts, read 932,411 times
I've lived in Stonebriar, currently live in Gentle Creek in Prosper. We prefer Prosper because dollar for dollar, the lot sizes are very tiny in Frisco vs Prosper, and paying $1 mil or more for a property, we wanted to have some room between us and the neighbors. Stonebriar does have the better golf course, but if that's not really a huge concern, the Gentle Creek course is very nice. The main downside is that Gentle Creek is not a country club, it is a golf club ONLY. No pool, no tennis courts, they have a restaurant/bar and a putting green and that's it besides the course itself. They've been saying they were going to add a pool and expand for a decade or more now to hear my neighbors tell it.

Grew up living along Gleneagles CC in Plano. It's a nice area, but not sure anything would meet your budget criteria at this point, prices have increased so much the last few years.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:39 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,081,251 times
Stonebridge Ranch is going to be the least expensive option close to good grocery stores, gyms, doctors, hospitals, and other necessities. You can find homes from the $300s to over a million including townhomes. You could get a golf course view from the $400s with an older build. It's also the only place I know you can get nice townhomes overlooking a big golf course. It's practically across the street from Tom Thumb. Those too are likely going to be in the $400s if and when one becomes available.

An insane number of people fall over themselves to pay top dollar to have a Frisco or Prosper address, and that doesn't sound like something you would care about.

Another option is The Tribute in The Colony, but prices there are going to be a lot higher simply because the homes are much newer. They will be adding townhomes next year that may be less costly.

Last edited by Leonard123; 04-19-2023 at 03:51 PM..

Old 04-20-2023, 10:40 AM

565 posts, read 557,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdixiedarling View Post
Honestly, we are not serious about golf. We lived in a country club development with a beautiful golf course in another state at one point in our marriage. There were miles of walking paths along the course which made for a pretty walk. We also enjoyed the sense of community that living there provided and would be thrilled if we found something similar.
This 100% sounds like Canyon Creek Country Club neighborhood in Richardson Texas (East of UT Dallas).

Most of the people who live in the neighborhood do so because of the nature/walking aspect. Very isolated neighborhood and very pretty (tree lined streets, older 1960s era houses, waterfall in the East subdivision or prairie creek, lots of natural elevation, high sense of community/homeownership). The country club itself is currently about halfway through a renovation and will re-open the golf course in November. Pool and golf course both got gutted and their adding a fitness center.

Tom Thumb is 2 minutes north of the club house. The club house shopping center has restaurants, spa, barber, vet. Most of the older people who live in that area rarely leave the neighborhood since everything is close by. If they do need something like a specialty store or a doctor the neighborhood is close to 4 major highways (DNT, George Bush, 75, 635) so you don't have to drive far at all

Old 04-20-2023, 10:48 AM

168 posts, read 299,536 times
I have heard so many great things about that area and it is already on my list! Thank you for posting!

Old 04-20-2023, 10:50 AM

168 posts, read 299,536 times
Leonard123,

Thank you for the details. Like the idea of a townhouse on a golf course

Old 04-20-2023, 11:37 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
This 100% sounds like Canyon Creek Country Club neighborhood in Richardson Texas (East of UT Dallas).

Most of the people who live in the neighborhood do so because of the nature/walking aspect. Very isolated neighborhood and very pretty (tree lined streets, older 1960s era houses, waterfall in the East subdivision or prairie creek, lots of natural elevation, high sense of community/homeownership). The country club itself is currently about halfway through a renovation and will re-open the golf course in November. Pool and golf course both got gutted and their adding a fitness center.

Tom Thumb is 2 minutes north of the club house. The club house shopping center has restaurants, spa, barber, vet. Most of the older people who live in that area rarely leave the neighborhood since everything is close by. If they do need something like a specialty store or a doctor the neighborhood is close to 4 major highways (DNT, George Bush, 75, 635) so you don't have to drive far at all
Second this. It's a great community within a community. I love the II Creeks shopping center in the middle. Good restaurants, nice shops, a gym and an ice cream shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: