Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 11:59 PM

7 posts, read 6,189 times

Advertisements

My observation or Experience. Houses in grapevine Carroll ISD boundary sell faster than Southlake, Colleyville, Flower Mound because of affordability (intense competition from individuals and investors) in the upward $500 range. They go on pending immediately with multiple offers. I have seen houses near Grapevine Lake and Down sell faster too but if the price range is around or above 1mil then it stays in the market for a longtime. Other parts of Grapevine houses, they don't go fast and don't appreciate as fast as Southlake or Colleyville. Southlake Houses appreciates faster than Grapevine and Colleyville because of high demand that is because of Carroll ISD, even if they don't appreciate you can sell easily. Colleyville houses that touch the Southlake border go faster compared to other parts of Colleyville. Keller houses that touch Westlake/Southlake go faster than other parts of Keller.

Back in 2008 when looking for a house, I looked at Southlake and Keller in my price range. That time I went with a new house in Keller instead of an old house in Southlake. Southlake's old house appreciated double compared to my Keller new house. My Keller house falls in the Keller high school zone in Keller ISD. Very competitive school. When I sold my house in Keller in 2017 it took a while. Off-course I made profit, but I would have made more profit had I bought the house in Southlake. During my search for houses in Southlake in 2017-2018, I was out bidded many times and in the majority of cases buyers were paying 10-25k above price. When I bought the house in Southlake 2018, I paid full price. I got the house because another person had a loan problem. I moved to Southlake for the Carroll ISD CMA program for my daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 06:47 AM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
Even with no inspection period, you still have the right to inspect.
This.

What you are giving up is the Option Period which is the ability to terminate or negotiate repairs. You still have the right to do an Inspection and should once you go under contract.

Then if there is a Very Major issue your hopefully very good agent can advise you.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:02 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,895,583 times
Also, don't give up on Southlake yet. When we moved from Grapevine to Kaufman County, we put in unsuccessful offers on FOUR properties before we finally got one accepted. DFW real estate is very competitive, and your realtor needs to be helping you make your offers as competitive as possible!

Old 04-28-2023, 09:14 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,182,960 times
As others have said, get an inspection even if you don't have an inspection contingency.

People say Flower Mound has access issues, but the importance of this all depends on how frequently you go into Dallas or Fort Worth. If you both work from home and drive into the city once every couple of weeks, it's no big deal.

I'd personally pick the west end of Flower Mound over Colleyville or Grapevine, but Colleyville and Grapevine are both great places. Education is going to be very good at all of the options mentioned. The perk of Flower Mound is the large lots and mature trees. It feels very different than most of the DFW suburbs.

Old 04-28-2023, 06:33 PM

338 posts, read 300,657 times
Default Flower Mound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
As others have said, get an inspection even if you don't have an inspection contingency.

People say Flower Mound has access issues, but the importance of this all depends on how frequently you go into Dallas or Fort Worth. If you both work from home and drive into the city once every couple of weeks, it's no big deal.

I'd personally pick the west end of Flower Mound over Colleyville or Grapevine, but Colleyville and Grapevine are both great places. Education is going to be very good at all of the options mentioned. The perk of Flower Mound is the large lots and mature trees. It feels very different than most of the DFW suburbs.
Are there any subdivisions or communities in west Flower Mound I should prefer?
Perhaps this is a dumb question as most homes are standalone.

Thanks everyone for lots of great information

Old 04-28-2023, 06:35 PM

338 posts, read 300,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf121300 View Post
My observation or Experience. Houses in grapevine Carroll ISD boundary sell faster than Southlake, Colleyville, Flower Mound because of affordability (intense competition from individuals and investors) in the upward $500 range. They go on pending immediately with multiple offers. I have seen houses near Grapevine Lake and Down sell faster too but if the price range is around or above 1mil then it stays in the market for a longtime. Other parts of Grapevine houses, they don't go fast and don't appreciate as fast as Southlake or Colleyville. Southlake Houses appreciates faster than Grapevine and Colleyville because of high demand that is because of Carroll ISD, even if they don't appreciate you can sell easily. Colleyville houses that touch the Southlake border go faster compared to other parts of Colleyville. Keller houses that touch Westlake/Southlake go faster than other parts of Keller.

Back in 2008 when looking for a house, I looked at Southlake and Keller in my price range. That time I went with a new house in Keller instead of an old house in Southlake. Southlake's old house appreciated double compared to my Keller new house. My Keller house falls in the Keller high school zone in Keller ISD. Very competitive school. When I sold my house in Keller in 2017 it took a while. Off-course I made profit, but I would have made more profit had I bought the house in Southlake. During my search for houses in Southlake in 2017-2018, I was out bidded many times and in the majority of cases buyers were paying 10-25k above price. When I bought the house in Southlake 2018, I paid full price. I got the house because another person had a loan problem. I moved to Southlake for the Carroll ISD CMA program for my daughter.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Very helpful

Old 04-30-2023, 01:37 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,262,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
Are there any subdivisions or communities in west Flower Mound I should prefer?
Perhaps this is a dumb question as most homes are standalone.

Thanks everyone for lots of great information
Bridlewood is a neighborhood in your price range. It is a master planned community. However, in Flower Mound, there are a lot of options for homes that aren't necessarily in subdivisions. There's a lot of new construction going on too but they lack that mature landscaping and towering trees that you get with established neighborhoods. Part of Flower Mound feeds into Argyle school district is is average IMO. Don't give up on Southlake, the schools are not comparable to GCISD or FM IMO. I used to live in Southlake and experienced this first hand.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas