Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 10,865 times

Advertisements

I have lived in the Memphis area for awhile now, and let me tell you, I'm ready to escape!!! This whole city gives me the creeps, crime isn't concentrated in a few areas, it's like everywhere!!! I'm looking for a place that is more conservative, and not boring(yes some conservatives are open-minded, open-minded don't mean being a liberal btw, and hopefully alot more accepting, and Christian/loving towards everyone. I've lived in the best and worst places in this city, after getting conned into buying a house in a great place to "invest" time and money. LOL
Also the people are so racist here, I'm White/Native American, and for all the black community talks about acceptance/diversity in Memphis..lol.. all I've heard is racial slurs, and hate remarks towards me from the black community here.. More than I've ever heard in my life!! My people (native americans were treated like crap for hundreds of years), (I love, forgive, and move on with my life, nobody's holding me back)..( why can't these people do the same)??
I've lived in Missouri, Illinois, and many other places and have never seen so many hateful people.. Exception ** the time i stayed a few weeks in Detroit with a friend ** Bad News!! I wouldn't ever advise anybody to live there
.. Getting back on topic, I would like to live in a suburb that has a good Christian influence, more conservative, clean and hopefully a place that dosen't have gangsta/hoods shooting up the blocks. I usually date white/asian women (particularly chinese, taiwanese), so an area with a large asian population would be nice. I'm not extremely wealthy, so rich gated-neighborhoods are out of the question. Affordablility is an issue, somewhere with good middle class neighborhoods, not a slum or little Memphis! (Don't even say South Dallas, people already told me about it)!!
It would also need to have access to Dallas downtown area, or at least a good commute time. I'm a big Dallas Mavericks and Cowboys fan, and would want to be able to see them play often. Also, I enjoy good art, zoos and nightlife, so Dallas was a no-brainer, compared to the other cities that were an option.. St. Louis-no, Kansas City-no, Nashville-no, New Orleans-no, Tulsa-no, Louisville-no. wasn't much to choose from in my opinion.
Anyways, all info will be greatly appreciated. Love you all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 10:30 AM

3 posts, read 64,697 times
The city of Allen is a good Choice. It's just north of Plano, where most Taiwanese are right now. Plano itself is too expensive now, in my opinion. Other good choices are Frisco and Lewisville. Real estate prices are awesome now.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
"Safe" is subjective and you will need to look at the different city websites to see their crime rates. I don't know what you think is bad verse what I would tolerate as bad.

Demongraphics are also another sticky topic since you cannot be steered to an area where I think a population is such and such, but that would be another thing that you have to research and then specify exact places you want to concentrate on. No real estate agent would touch that with a ten foot pole.

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 04:16 AM..

Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I'd recommend Allen or, if you don't want to be too far from the city, Carrollton.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 AM

869 posts, read 2,953,877 times
Doesn't Garland have the largest suburban Asian community in the Dallas area?

Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 AM

41 posts, read 146,295 times
Default Suburbs of Dallas

It all depends on where you work and how how long are you willing to commute. I live in a neighborhood in Cedar Hill. It is one of the most diverse suburbs and it is very affordable. It is south of Dallas. It has natural beauty with all of the trees and hills plus a nice shopping mall. It is predominantly black (60%) so you might get some Memphis flashbacks but to me Cedar Hill is way more upscale than Memphis. So there are the northern suburbs: Allen, Frisco, Mckinney, etc. That area has lots of growth and shopping centers so that is always good for the economy of a city. Also the eastern suburbs Rowlett, Rockwall, and some parts of Garland are pretty and they are growing fast. To me the northwest suburbs are more established and the housing prices are not as affordable as the North, East, and South suburbs.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:42 AM

6,795 posts, read 14,018,392 times
Plenty of areas would fit the bill. Your budget and location of job would make giving advice much easier.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,328,025 times
Dead thread alert - the OP posted this 3 months ago, and has no other postings.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM

21 posts, read 98,541 times
dallas area is just the same crime of "everywhere" like you sauid about memphis. you arent going to find anywhere at all where criome is non-existant and VERY few places in dallas area that are low.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:45 AM

86 posts, read 244,311 times
^ I have to disagree, as West Plano, Frisco, Allen and Mckinney all have low crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas