Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,818 times

Advertisements

My husbands job is relocating him to Arlington, Tx. We have been looking at moving to Euless, Tx. since its closer to where my husband will be working.

Can anyone give me any information about the area, does it have much crime, etc.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 09:27 AM

9 posts, read 37,546 times
Default euless

I have lived in Euless for over 25 years. I went to school here and my daughter just graduated from Trinity and my son is in elementary here. It is a great city to live in. Good community, local resturants a lot of regulars go to. Good school spirit w/ football season coming soon. The Parks and Rec do a great job w/ community involvment. Host a fishing contest twice a year we have a parade during Christmas and they a lot meet and go to DFW to greet soldiers. Some people tend to think there are "gangs" everywhere. That is simply NOT true. Someone has stated on another blog that are section -8 apartments....OKAY Grapevine AND Colleyville have section 8 apts too. The only city I know that does not have section 8 apts is Southlake. It is a clean city with good people a mayor that cares and a community that cares.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,731 times
Default What about Euless Reply

If you don't mind being the minority where you live, then Euless is where you need to be! I have lived there most of my life and it has really gone down hill over the years. There are several apartment complex's that you pay by the week on Hwy 10/Euless Blvd that are full of Sex Offenders (check out the website to confirm this!). The pacific islanders have basically taken over Euless so I expect they will change the name soon from Euless TX to Tongan Nation, TX . You and your children will be a minority....bottom line. If you really want to move to Euless I suggest you move down by the North/BearCreek area of Euless which is a little nicer. There are no nice grocery stores in Euless and no good shopping at all! The positive thing in regards to Euless is it is right between FW and Dallas which makes your commute a little better. I know this email may not seem very nice but I have lived in Euless for 33 years and this is the truth. Good Luck wherever you go!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
AMYP--Colleyvlle does not have any apartments in it that I know of--where are the apartments in Colleyville--much less section 8

Old 07-23-2007, 02:31 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Friend of mine lived there- called it "Useless." It struck me as a fairly normal place to live. Quiet and devoid of excess. Took me to a little diner that had great chicken fried steak.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,145,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richamp View Post
If you don't mind being the minority where you live, then Euless is where you need to be! I have lived there most of my life and it has really gone down hill over the years. There are several apartment complex's that you pay by the week on Hwy 10/Euless Blvd that are full of Sex Offenders (check out the website to confirm this!). The pacific islanders have basically taken over Euless so I expect they will change the name soon from Euless TX to Tongan Nation, TX . You and your children will be a minority....bottom line. If you really want to move to Euless I suggest you move down by the North/BearCreek area of Euless which is a little nicer. There are no nice grocery stores in Euless and no good shopping at all! The positive thing in regards to Euless is it is right between FW and Dallas which makes your commute a little better. I know this email may not seem very nice but I have lived in Euless for 33 years and this is the truth. Good Luck wherever you go!
Perhaps you're view of Euless is clouded by your experiences. The 2000 Census lists Euless' population as 46,005 of which 856 were Pacific Islanders. The 2005 American Community Survey only shows 2410 Pacific Islanders in all of Tarrant County. Even assuming that all 2410 moved to Euless and with an estimated population for 2007 of 53,400, that's only 4.5% of the total population.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:26 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,542,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
Perhaps you're view of Euless is clouded by your experiences. The 2000 Census lists . . . . .
PLEASE Do Not confuse us with facts.

You really wrecked my day, Padge.

I was thinking I would hook up the Hobie-Cats getting down the tiki lamps, and head up there tonight for open-pit pork luea and hula dancing.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:32 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,145,060 times
Sorry.

And I'm the one that in real life says "don't confuse the issue with facts"...

Old 07-28-2007, 02:21 PM

9 posts, read 37,546 times
It is with great pride to announce that The City of Euless Parks & Community Services Department won the following six (6) awards from the 2007 Texas Festivals and Events Association Annual Awards.

Best Original Newsletter, Euless Today (Arbor Daze Edition)
Best Cover Design, Euless Today (Arbor Daze Edition)
Best Volunteer Program, Arbor Daze
Best Environmental Program, Arbor Daze Tree Giveaway
Best Education Award, Stars Over Euless
Best Children's Program, Bicycle

Old 08-23-2007, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 6,583 times
Default Living In Euless

I have lived in Euless for 6 months- to say if someone should move there- well Its what your expectations are- dont set them too high. Of course I moved from grapevine, that is a nice town along with colleyville, southlake and flower mound. I cant wait to move away from Euless, my home has been broken into- people try to get in at night all the time there are alot of "gangs" even though someone said there isnt. Not all neighborhoods are bad ones in Euless, but from what I have seen of it, Im not that impressed. Anywhere you go just remember you do get what you pay for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas