Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 AM

6 posts, read 22,825 times

Advertisements

i acutally have never been to del frisco, but heard that it's good. now i did hear that the chef from del frisco opened up his own place downtown. is this true or a rumour? and if so what is the name of the place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netxs View Post
i acutally have never been to del frisco, but heard that it's good. now i did hear that the chef from del frisco opened up his own place downtown. is this true or a rumour? and if so what is the name of the place?
You may be thinking of Grace in downtown FTW. Someone named Adam Jones, formerly of Del Frisco, is associated with it.

Chef Blaine Staniford hired for new restaurant in Fort Worth | Fort Worth | pegasusnews.com

Old 03-06-2009, 04:03 PM

38 posts, read 73,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netxs View Post
my family and i just moved from north east texas to frisco and wow what a difference in the neighbors. where i am from everyone talks and visits when you see each other, the kind of people that will come over and take care of your dog when you're out of town.

well none of our neighbors are from texas, all ny i believe and it's amazing that i talked to them that long to learn that! it's just weird no one wants to be freindly. they even have kids in my dauhgters class and they are outside all the time and we have invited to come over or just play out front where they can be too, but no. it's different....

as for plano, we know a family that lives in west plano and they are some of the most stuck up people i have ever met in my life. the man laughed at me because i like salt grass, he said that it was crap and after eating at del frisco's i would know better.

********* buddy, that's what i thought....
Okay i moved from North East Texas to Dallas almost 5 years ago. And you are completely right. Where i'm from there may have been some underlying - okay a lot of underlying - things going on, but you would never know it. if there was a problem, you went to the neighbor and they helped you out. of course the neighbor might have been half a mile away, but they still helped out. I've actually owned my condo for 4 years, and i'm just now getting to know my neighbors. Part of that is my fault i realize, but i just expected people to want to talk, that's how i was brought up. People here aren't nearly as trusting as what you have moved from.

People are not nearly as caught up with the - married at 18 - kids by 22 - divorced by 24 either. Thats always nice. I actually got a call from a friend of mine still in East Texas yesterday letting me know she was worried about me because i'm 28 and single. She told me i needed to get my priorities in line and not go jetting about with work. REALLY!!?????

I promise you - wait it out, you'll find your niche. There are a lot of us NE Texas transplants around here. I've actually become very close with a number of them. You can tell becuase they are the ones the dallas natives make fun of due to accents. (that doesn't go away either)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas