Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 AM

9 posts, read 21,701 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I seriously need help. I have been reading for a while now and thought I would ask for help. I currently live in Los Angeles,Ca and am tired of the mess, so I will be relocating to Texas this summer, but I am confused on what city! I have two small children both in grade school so a good school district and extra-curriculum activites is very important to me. I'm looking for a family enviroment, but not to far from shopping & good food.My husband will be working in Mckinnley, we have family in Coppell, but I have heard great things about Frisco. Can someone please break down the difference to me . Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Hi,

I think you picked good choices "Frisco and Mckinney". I have only stayed a couple of times in Frisco but I really liked it.
I am sure "Socket" a member on here (I think he lives in that area) or someone else can tell you more about those areas.
Good Luck!

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 03-25-2007 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Thanks for pointing out it was in the wrong forum!

Old 03-25-2007, 06:12 PM

Can anyone tell me the which is better and why?

Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
There is no real rule of thumb for these two areas as each has its pros and cons.

If your husband works in Mckinney, you may want to look at Stonebridge Ranch. I honestly don't think there is anything in the North Dallas area East of the tollway that can compare to Stonebridge.

Southwest Frisco would also be nice in that it would be a little closer to Coppell (about 10 mins). Both Frisco and Mckinney have great schools, accesibility, low crime, family friendly, etc. Frisco has more of a upscale yuppie feel, while Stonebridge has more of an upscale rural feel. I picked Stonebridge because it is due to be built out in less than 2 years so I feel resale will be excellent. I also thought that Frisco was a bit over-priced once I had gotten there....maybe if I was a year earlier I would have bought in Frisco, but the cost of the completed Tollway is already factored into the home costs as far as I can tell, so I question how much upside remains. Frisco does have to lower taxes of the two.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks that really helps! I will check out that area when I come down this spring break.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM

Also, what are you guys looking to spend. This way sway you one way or the other as well. If low 200s is your target, East Frisco and Craig's Ranch are solid choices. If you can swing high 200s low 300s, then Stonebridge and SW Frisco are excellent bets. If your husband is working at Raytheon in Mckinney, Stonebridge is his nieghbor to the south. My favorite part of Stonebridge is where Stonebridge Pwky crosses over Virginia. They are building a big Croatian village right there on the corner (Adriatica). When your our out, take a look at this area and tell me what you think. Also, in Frisco, look over at the areas west of Legacy, North of Lebanon, but south of El Dorado. That's the SW quadrant. nice area, but you'll pay about 25k more for the same home over there as you would in Stonebridge.

http://www.stonebridgeranch.com/

Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Ok that sound like a good start.Thanks we would really like to stay in the 200's, but I want to be in an area that will definently grow ,and that we won't have to move the kids around looking for good schools and activites. Do you know if Frisco was a lot of sports teams in the area such as cheerleading,soccer, gymnastics or swimming?

Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default Frisco

I work in Frisco, but I don't have children any more so I don't know about the sports teams, cheerleading, etc. you inquired about. However, I can tell you that I would imagine that it has a WHOLE lot of that kind of stuff because Frisco seems very family-oriented. Overall, it seems to me that McKinney is an older, more established town. Frisco is more "up and coming". It has been kind of the "hot area" for growth and development... and I suppose, new job opportunity. (I guess that's why I ended up working over here-live in Plano.) Lots of amenities in Frisco-shopping, restaurants etc.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 AM

Both cities are extremely family oriented, as are many other areas in north Dallas.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 AM

Thanks guy's!! I am so excited I can wait to come see!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas