Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 06:49 PM

79 posts, read 501,868 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to this rooms to go outlet? Is it really good deals?

Grand Prairie CLEARANCE Center
2725 S.Highway 360
Grand Prairie, TX 75052

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 08:14 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,041,292 times
I have been there a few times and I never saw any great deals. I did go to the furniture store "The Dump" and like what I saw. The Roomstore use to have a outlet store on Forrest lane but I am not sure it's still there.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:32 PM

339 posts, read 1,436,478 times
I agree The Dump is definitely worth checking out. Their stock often includes some truly wacky pieces but you can catch a great deal or two. (Though I'd like to strangle the person responsible for their radio ads!)

My favorite spot for some good deals is Weir's clearance. Weir's Furniture - Beautiful home on a budget (http://www.weirsfurniture.com/clearance.html - broken link)

Weir's may be a bit more high end than Roomstore, Rooms to Go, Ashley, etc., but I have found some terrific prices on really quality furniture in both their regular showroom and the clearance stores. (The clearance store is in-building at their 'burb locations but free standing--just around the corner--at the Knox store.) It's occasionally hit or miss so I visit frequently but I managed to pretty much decorate my entire home in Weir's deals. Quality stuff.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:36 PM

216 posts, read 716,314 times
ive been there. from what i saw, some items had reduced prices because they had bumps and scratches. i could easily have overlooked these for the right price but my wife couldnt.

im pretty dissapointed with the furniture i got from rooms to go. they are uncomfortable and of questionable quality. im certainly not going there next time i need furniture

Old 08-08-2008, 09:21 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 849,309 times
There is an Ashley's Furniture Outlet on 360 also. It's north of 30, I believe it was near Avenue K. I haven't been there to check it out and see if the deals are good.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:30 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
frankly think Ashleys is about as good as Rooms2Go

Old 08-09-2008, 01:32 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,717,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacvb1974 View Post
(Though I'd like to strangle the person responsible for their radio ads!)
You missed Haynes... a furiture store in Richmond, VA who basically spun off to become the Dump. Their commercials were beyond annoying... every weekend was the biggest sale of the century... never again will prices be like this. They went out of business every weekend

Old 08-09-2008, 05:08 PM

702 posts, read 2,724,440 times
no it's not worth going.. the furniture i saw last month was in terrible condition BUT they did have some boxed things (coffee tables, lamps, etc) and those should be alright

Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 63,672 times
Default Don't buy from Rooms To Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
no it's not worth going.. the furniture i saw last month was in terrible condition BUT they did have some boxed things (coffee tables, lamps, etc) and those should be alright
\
Even the boxed things are ****!!! I know I bought a whole bedroom set and one piece was still in box...surprise when I opened it it was broken in pieces!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:08 PM

53 posts, read 251,223 times
I suggest that you circumvent these big box retailers and instead get the same piece through a local small time reseller. I found some fantastic deals at

Lucy Furniture LucyFurniture.com & more! - Home
Affordable Bedding and Furniture/Dreamsleep Dallas Fort Worth Living Rooms Bedrooms Dining Rooms Pub Tables Bar tables Stools Sofas

Their prices are about 50-60% compared to Ashley etc... for the same piece!!

Both these guys can get you pretty much anything thats in stock on homelegance.com. They just pick it up from Home elegance's local warehouse and mark it up a little. I found the Dreamsleep guy works on thin margins and so gets a lot of volume. Lucy furniture is also good but has higher prices (check out the vendor section on their site, they can get anything from their vendors, Aff. Bedding guy should be able to do the same).

I was able to get the following piece with 4 chairs:
Homelegance, Inc. - Welcome! (http://www.homelegance.com/display.php?id=1961 - broken link)

for $470 all in including delivery. I paid cash after he delivered it and set up my dining table! Sal, the older guy in their team, was nice to work with.

http://www.homelegance.com/display.php?id=1690 (broken link)
was cheap as well but too big for my apartment (54x54).

Only drawback is that he doesn't have much of a warehouse... so you'll have to buy it based on what you see online... and oh, some of the stuff may not be in stock at the local warehouses of Home Elegance etc. So have 3-4 pieces in mind when you call him.

His prices cant be beat unless you become a reseller yourself! Gosh I sound like an advertisement. No links however to these blokes, just very happy with my purchase.

Last edited by sftransplant; 04-09-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas