Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:25 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
The only ones that made the poor choice are the whiners that want to destroy Texas the way they destroyed the rathole they formerly lived in. Apparently you are WAY in the minority, as they are literally flocking here...
FLOCK! Did someone say they saw a flock of Californians? Now we are referring to them just like we do ducks and birds and SHEEP. lol bahhh, baa-baa. Just like sheep they follow each other and all along they have been thinking they are "different".

Old 05-04-2009, 05:36 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Got news for you. Californians have been mucking up and violating just about every state. They love to brag brag brag about the state they left and complain about their new home, and want to turn it into the place they just left. Texas is just one on the list of many places they jack up.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:50 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Lots of people from S. California are moving here. We see them all of the time. They are not hard to miss either.

The only reason they made a "poor choice" is because they can't shoot worth a darn. Throwing fruit does not one defend thyself with.
Well then I guess it's true, you folks love your guns and your sheep.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 PM

636 posts, read 1,916,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Got news for you. Californians have been mucking up and violating just about every state. They love to brag brag brag about the state they left and complain about their new home, and want to turn it into the place they just left. Texas is just one on the list of many places they jack up.
Oh, no doubt about it, and +1 to you; but since this is the Dallas forum, we've just kind of been focusing on our personal plague.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:31 PM

636 posts, read 1,916,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Hey, never let what the other person actually said get in the way of an inane response.

At least you got half of it right; many of us do love our guns. We're just not too crazy about sheep, fruits, and nuts...

Last edited by tycobb2522; 05-04-2009 at 07:04 PM..

Old 05-04-2009, 06:39 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
In your effort to be cute, you failed to acknowledge the fact that she was making a derogatory comment about sheep; not embracing them. But your response just wouldn't have been the same if you had addressed her actual post...

At least you got half of it right; many of us do love our guns. We're just not too crazy about sheep, fruits, and nuts...
Do not forget the fairies.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
I'll be the first to tell you that Texas pretty much sucks, but if you voluntarily move here, it must suck less to you than the state you moved from, so why bother trying to turn it into another version of that state?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 PM

808 posts, read 3,648,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yieldcurve View Post
Thanks mom of two!

Haha, it's safe to say I won't be venturing toward College Station unless it's for a conference or to give a guest lecture.

What's the deal with the governor? He's not too popular in TX?
Any chance it might be SMU? Our finance department is one of the top finance departments in the state as well as the nation.

No, Rick Perry isn't too popular. He won re-election with less than 40% of the vote in 2006. Here's a quick look at that election: Texas gubernatorial election, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 PM

8 posts, read 14,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
Any chance it might be SMU? Our finance department is one of the top finance departments in the state as well as the nation.

No, Rick Perry isn't too popular. He won re-election with less than 40% of the vote in 2006. Here's a quick look at that election: Texas gubernatorial election, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ouch! Re-election with less than 40% of the vote? That's pretty interesting.

It is just a visiting professor post as I am a researcher full-time for a consulting firm. I'd rather not be more specific about the institution. SMU and UT-Dallas both have productive research faculty in their business programs though. I will probably go full-time after three years when my consulting contract is up if I enjoy living in Dallas as much as I have enjoyed visiting. I really can't say enough good things about the state and people.

Edit: I should also say that I'm not from S. California, which is what the thread was originally about.

Last edited by yieldcurve; 05-04-2009 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Quote:
Hey, never let what the other person actually said get in the way of an inane response.

Originally Posted by tycobb2522
In your effort to be cute, you failed to acknowledge the fact that she was making a derogatory comment about sheep; not embracing them.

~~~~~~~~~
^^^At least someone got it right. Then you had to go and edit that portion out. LOL!!! And those crazy Californians think they are so much smarter than us too. Yet they can not even get the behavior characteristics of sheep right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yieldcurve View Post
Ouch! Re-election with less than 40% of the vote? That's pretty interesting.

Edit: I should also say that I'm not from S. California, which is what the thread was originally about.

Gov. Goodhair only got the position the first time by way of default. He did not even have to run for that office then. Now we could possibly be stuck w/ him for a very long time if someone doesn't step up and take him down.

My Governors Kinky

Whew........ as long as you don't even breath the words "Southern California" while your here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas