Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,930,164 times

Advertisements

Okay mods, this does pertain to the Dallas threads.

But is it just me or what? Where do these posters come from on here that show up and pull up threads that are ancient? Several for today for instance. The last post on them was from early 2006 and someone found them buried underneath all of these other more recent threads? Sadly it only makes the more current threads drop down and out of sight. Threads that are up to date and w/ people still posting on them. These people show up for a day and then just disappear and never really provided any thing of use for anyone. Oh well, maybe I need a margarita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,334,003 times
It's just you.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing - but who am I to complain? I just got here myself.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:10 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,152,237 times
That means it's your turn to buy Triumph.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,017,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Okay mods, this does pertain to the Dallas threads.

But is it just me or what? Where do these posters come from on here that show up and pull up threads that are ancient? Several for today for instance. The last post on them was from early 2006 and someone found them buried underneath all of these other more recent threads? Sadly it only makes the more current threads drop down and out of sight. Threads that are up to date and w/ people still posting on them. These people show up for a day and then just disappear and never really provided any thing of use for anyone. Oh well, maybe I need a margarita
I agree, I come on to check out the threads. I start reading some only to figure out they came from a year ago...lol. I almost caught myself replying to 1 until i figured out how old it was.
It's great that people can do a search for a certain topic and read past posts, but it does kind of suck that they can still reply on a year old post. Isn't there some way that you can close the thread? I mean leave it available for people to search and read past posts, but not able to reply to them?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:28 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,341,170 times
Here is a recent thread that addressed this subject:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/about...r-threads.html

For future reference, the About the Forum section is the place to post questions like these.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,930,164 times
Okay.

Just that it seems to be a habit on here particularly more so than other states/cities/topics. It is really annoying when the original op's question from over a year ago was answered and everyone has since moved on. Then someone comes on and finds this thread buried way down past the 20th page and brings it to the top w/ some halfbaked answer or response. It serves no one any good at all and is really bad for the newer people that are posting more updated questions as it just buries their threads on down to page 2 or 3 and they get lost. I'd almost rather the mod's if it is a halfbaked answer delete it so that it can go back to sleep and not take up more upfront space that is more pertinent to the current needs of those looking here. Just my two cents.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:27 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,443,587 times
I think if we had 'stickies' for the individual areas everyone always discusses, many ambigious threads would be eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: