Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 04:03 PM

1,780 posts, read 4,028,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
There has been several people in this thread who agree with me. I bet most would prefer snow over a repeat of last summer.
Why compare last summer with present winter weather? Of course last summer was hotter than usual. But Dallas is not prepared to deal with any significant accumulation of snow/ice. Just look at a map. What other city at Dallas' latitude gets significant snow/ice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 02:56 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
We are talking about WINTER weather, thus let's stick with comparing weather during this time of year.
Umm... Let's not. The fact that we had an extremely hot summer is likely why there is only one or two people in this thread agreeing with you that it's actually cold plus the fact that the heat wave has yet to release us from its grip. You just don't like it that my previous post is correct and you're in the minority. Hell, I haven't had to take my jacket out of the closet yet.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:51 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
Why compare last summer with present winter weather? Of course last summer was hotter than usual. But Dallas is not prepared to deal with any significant accumulation of snow/ice. Just look at a map. What other city at Dallas' latitude gets significant snow/ice?
Quote:
This winter has been awful. This would indeed be a good time to be in Seattle.
Quote:
Umm... Let's not. The fact that we had an extremely hot summer is likely why there is only one or two people in this thread agreeing with you that it's actually cold plus the fact that the heat wave has yet to release us from its grip. You just don't like it that my previous post is correct and you're in the minority. Hell, I haven't had to take my jacket out of the closet yet.
I see you did not respond to comments that 'asubram3' made to you.

You said; "This winter has been awful. This would indeed be a good time to be in Seattle." So, you really think that most people here in DFW would like a major, crippling snow storm like the Seattle area and the Pacific Northwest just received? I do not believe that! Such a snow would be dangerous, cost tens of millions of dollars in lost productivity, cause numerous accidents, costly damage, injuries and probably would be responsible for loss of life. Do you really think your view is correct and you are in the majority?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
So, you really think that most people here in DFW would like a major, crippling snow storm like the Seattle area and the Pacific Northwest just received?
I have a friend who lives in Seattle. He showed me the news report yesterday saying they were supposed to get 1 to 2" of snow. Since that's the average Dallas gets annually, we should most certainly be able to handle that and more.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I have a friend who lives in Seattle. He showed me the news report yesterday saying they were supposed to get 1 to 2" of snow. Since that's the average Dallas gets annually, we should most certainly be able to handle that and more.
Yeah boy! 100,000+ people and businesses without power. Tens of millions of dollars in property damage. Tens of millions of dollars in loss of business and productivity, missed work and loss of wages. Hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars spent on snow removal and cleanup. Cost of school closures and makeup days. Injuries and deaths caused by and associated with such a snow. Be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah boy! 100,000+ people and businesses without power. Tens of millions of dollars in property damage. Tens of millions of dollars in loss of business and productivity, missed work and loss of wages. Hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars spent on snow removal and cleanup. Cost of school closures and makeup days. Injuries and deaths caused by and associated with such a snow. Be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!
I'm going to have to ask for a cite that an inch of snow would cause all this.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
This winter has been awful. This would indeed be a good time to be in Seattle.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to have to ask for a cite that an inch (didn't you mean to say 1" to 2") of snow would cause all this.
Didn't you suggest it would be nice to be in Seattle? Here is what Seattle ("Seattle saw two inches of snow") is dealing with.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Didn't you suggest it would be nice to be in Seattle? Here is what Seattle ("Seattle saw two inches of snow") is dealing with.
I said that when they were predicted to get an inch or two of snow, not freezing rain that has apparently iced everything over. There's a huge difference.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I said that when they were predicted to get an inch or two of snow, not freezing rain that has apparently iced everything over. There's a huge difference.
Good Lord! I guess you want to hand-place each snowflake, right? Hahahahaha!!! You lose!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Yeah, I'm not Storm from the X-Men so I have no business hoping for different weather...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas