Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 02:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times

Advertisements

Sorry I was raised in the "brutal" heat of Dallas but can't stand the humidity in Miami and Key West. Have you ever sat on one of those puddle jumper planes to Key West? I have almost passed out in them several times.

Last edited by Lakewooder; 08-07-2009 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Sorry I was raised in the "brutal" heat of Dallas but can't stand the humidty in Miami and Key West. Have you ever sat on one of those puddle jumper planes to Key West? I have almost passed out in them several times.
Yep - sure have. It's terrible.

For those that think Dallas' temperature is so bad, here is how bad the humidity is in Florida - there is no need to dry off after showering before you put on your clothes. If you're going outside you'll be soaking wet with sweat almost immediately.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:47 PM

Which climate is best?

Dallas, TX: Temperature = 100F Dew Point = 66F Humidity = 32%

Key West, FL: Temperature = 90F Dew Point = 81F Humidity = 76%

Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Humidity or not 100 is HOT. Hell, 90 degrees is hot. And when its in the 90's here during the summer the weather men consider it "cool" or even call it a cold front....lol
It was so funny yesterday on WBAP, it was announced that the temperature today would be 101 but a cool down is expected for Saturday with the high temperature at 99. How lame is that?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:00 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Yep - sure have. It's terrible.

For those that think Dallas' temperature is so bad, here is how bad the humidity is in Florida - there is no need to dry off after showering before you put on your clothes. If you're going outside you'll be soaking wet with sweat almost immediately.
For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would live there if it's that humid most of the time. I certainly wouldn't want to even vacation in such a place. I can't believe I left southern CA for the Texas heat and humidity, but that's another story by itself.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:22 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,016,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Which climate is best?

Dallas, TX: Temperature = 100F Dew Point = 66F Humidity = 32%

Key West, FL: Temperature = 90F Dew Point = 81F Humidity = 76%

Neither is better, they both suck. That's like asking which taste better Marmite or Vegimite. Again Neither, both are inedible.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:53 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would live there if it's that humid most of the time. I certainly wouldn't want to even vacation in such a place. I can't believe I left southern CA for the Texas heat and humidity, but that's another story by itself.
They are exaggerating. You will sweat in 100+ degree heat just like you will sweat in high humidity with 90 degree heat. People sweat when from your internal temp going up not from how humid it is outside. The only thing humidity is bad for is women's hair.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 PM

May 30th
Just moved to Texas. Now this is a state that knows how to live! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I’ve finally found my home. I love it here.
June 14th
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air conditioned home, drive an air conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I’m turning into a real sun worshipper.
June 30th
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.
July 10th
The temperature hasn’t been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it’s a dry heat. Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected.
July 15th
Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.) Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol’ sun in a climate like this.
July 20th
I missed Tabby (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, Tabby had swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids she ran away. The car now smells like Kibbles and ****. No more pets in this heat!
July 25th
Dry #@*&$!% heat, my ass. Hot is hot!! The home air conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.
July 30th
Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,500 in damn house payments and we can’t even go inside. Why did I ever come here?
Aug 4th
115 degrees. Finally got the air conditioner fixed today. It cost $1,200
and gets the temperature down to about 90. Stupid repairman peed in my pool. I hate this #@*&$!% state.
Aug 8th
If another wise ass cracks, “Hot enough for you today?” I’m going to tear his #@*&$!% throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like Roasted Garfield!!
Aug 10th
The weather report might as well be a damn recording: Hot and sunny. It’s been too hot to #@*& for two damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn’t it ever rain in this barren damn desert?
Water rationing has been in effect all summer, so $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the #@*&$!% pool. Even a cactus can’t live in this heat.
Aug. 14th
Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 123 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the #@*&$!% windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and said, “Hot enough for you today?” My wife had to spend the $1,500 house payment to bail me out of jail.
Aug. 30th
Worst day of the damn summer. I’m not leaving the house. The #@*&$!% monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell. The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in Mexico with its new $500 windshield. Maybe it will wash out that dead cat smell.
That does it, we’re moving to Michigan for some peace and quiet.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
They are exaggerating. You will sweat in 100+ degree heat just like you will sweat in high humidity with 90 degree heat. People sweat when from your internal temp going up not from how humid it is outside. The only thing humidity is bad for is women's hair.
There is a huge difference! The temperature can be 80 degrees with drenching humidity and your skin (and clothes) will be absolutely soaking wet. But it can be 105 degrees with low humidity and your skin (and clothes) will be perfectly dry.

Humidity is what makes most people uncomfortable. While 100+ degree temperatures may not be pleasant - it's not near as bad as the feeling that you're constantly soaked from your head (and hair) to your toes, including every stitch of clothing, with warm thick sweat that never stops flowing.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:54 PM

Your exaggerating. By the way this thread is about Dallas being hot. You cant argue that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas