Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Oh well you must be a man who is never wrong, that explains why you're being like this.
I was kidding! I have been wrong a few times...mostly when guessing what the temperature is. Every once in a while I guess too low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 04:00 PM

198 posts, read 499,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Must be heaven...and a well kept secret. Seriously, I'm sure almost all the people that live there enjoy it. But, it's not for very many people. I'd guess that a very small percentage of people living in Montana have traveled far from their home state. Many inherent the farm or ranch from parents and continue to do what their family has done for generations. Obviously they are satisfied with what they have and do...or they don't know any better, which may be the case. And of course some just like the solitude of living in the wilderness...much like many of the people that live in (for instance) rural Nebraska.

Personally, I can't imagine living hours away from virtually anything and everything, or living in a small town. There's only a half dozen towns that have a population over 10,000 people...and none with a population of 100k or more in the entire state. But, you may love it...and that's what counts.
Billings has over 100,000 people.

The city that I am moving to has around 60,000 and has many of the same big chain stores and restaurants that the Dallas area has to offer... it's not like I'm moving into a small town or the wilderness. lol.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:32 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPlanoDude View Post
Billings has over 100,000 people.

The city that I am moving to has around 60,000 and has many of the same big chain stores and restaurants that the Dallas area has to offer... it's not like I'm moving into a small town or the wilderness. lol.

So far this year in Billings, MT:

Temperature:
High 105.9 °F
Low -17.3 °F

Wind:
51.7mph from the WSW
Gust: 132.6mph from the West

Weather Station History : Weather Underground

Old 08-02-2010, 10:37 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
The car temp is hotter than the air temp outside, so of course you are going to sweat! I thought you knew that.
I rarely run my A/C in the summer unless it's at the hottest part of the day. I don't even roll down the windows, just open the vents. Mornings and evenings are pretty comfortable except those days when the humidity was up. A week ago Friday, I left the house at 4:30 a.m. and thought I'd die because of the humidity. I was heading to Arlington and the A/C went on immediately.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
triple digit heat sucks. For 3 months I pretty much stop doing anything outside. I cant even handle being at the lake in this heat because the water is in the 90's! Its like a giant jacuzzi.
I spent many hours outside today. The weather is so much better without the humidity. I was in by 12:30 p.m. and then back out about 6:30. It was hot but without the humidity, it was so much more comfortable. Even my dogs didn't pant as much during their walk. They truly abhor the humidity.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:55 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I rarely run my A/C in the summer unless it's at the hottest part of the day. I don't even roll down the windows, just open the vents. Mornings and evenings are pretty comfortable except those days when the humidity was up. A week ago Friday, I left the house at 4:30 a.m. and thought I'd die because of the humidity. I was heading to Arlington and the A/C went on immediately.
Some people are masochists.

My A/C runs full blast in my truck.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:01 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,183,286 times
I should've learned this in 4th grade science, but I created a cool breeze by watering my lawn yesterday evening and letting the wind blow towards me after passing over the wet grass.

I looked like Leonardo Dicaprio on the front of the boat.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:15 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,359 times
I like my It's Hot thread. Its a good one for sure! And it has some very true and interesting information in it as well as a lot of complaining!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Some people are masochists.

My A/C runs full blast in my truck.
Au contraire. If I'm uncomfortable, it gets turned on. If I'm okay, no need to run it. I think I posted when it's humid, it's worse and the A/C runs. When it's drier, it just isn't unbearable.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarrron View Post
I know what you mean. Now I think I'm me. Or am I you? Who am I? No. I'm definitely me I think. Or am I mom? Buzz? Stinktown? Pigtown? Am I you now?
Are you skitzophrenic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas