Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 09:01 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,486,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
And I've worked in the heat for up to 12 hours a day when it was over 100 degrees outside. One year near the end of summer, I worked next to a steel casting furnace when it was well into the 90s. So you see, I can handle and deal with both the heat and the cold, but I much prefer the cold.
Damn, what kind of work do you do?

You need to get a job in a meat packer freezer or an ice cream freezer. Maybe Blue Bell Ice Cream in Brenham is hiring! Or learn the art of being an ice sculpturer. If that doesn't work I hear Fargo, ND calling you! I hear that Fairbanks has good ice fishing in July...or International Falls has good ice skating on ponds in June.

Here A view of the perfect job for you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 09:06 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,654,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

You need to get a job in a meat packer freezer or an ice cream freezer. Maybe Blue Bell Ice Cream in Brenham is hiring! Or learn the art of being an ice sculpturer. If that doesn't work I hear Fargo, ND calling you! I hear that Fairbanks has good ice fishing in July...or International Falls has good ice skating on ponds in June.
If it was up to me, I'd spend March thru September on the Oregon Coast, and September thru March in New Zealand. Avoid the winters (with their overcast and drizzle) and enjoy temps in the 70's and 80's almost all the time.

Sadly, I'm not quite independently wealthy yet. And don't talk to me about feminine attributes, highcotton, because when it comes to temperature preferences, you seem to have a lot in common with my wife.

-synchronicity, when they came down in July, after two weeks I asked her "so, Not Cold enough for you yet?"

Old 02-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
If it was up to me, I'd spend March thru September on the Oregon Coast, and September thru March in New Zealand. Avoid the winters (with their overcast and drizzle) and enjoy temps in the 70's and 80's almost all the time.

Sadly, I'm not quite independently wealthy yet. And don't talk to me about feminine attributes, highcotton, because when it comes to temperature preferences, you seem to have a lot in common with my wife.

-synchronicity, when they came down in July, after two weeks I asked her "so, Not Cold enough for you yet?"
I've never been to New Zealand, but I've been to Australia. About the only place in Australia to actually live is along the coast. Nice...

Does your wife also like hanging out at the pool with no top on?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,654,458 times
Quote:
I've never been to New Zealand, but I've been to Australia. About the only place in Australia to actually live is along the coast. Nice...

Does she also like hanging out at the pool with no top on?
We have some relatives that live in Northern Australia on the coast. You'd love it there. Highs in the 90's/lows in the 70's pretty much year round.

As for the rest....we will have a pool at our new house. And beyond that...no comment.

-synchronicity, for my eyes only. There are times I DON'T complain about the heat.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
We will have a pool at our new house. And beyond that...no comment.

-synchronicity, for my eyes only. There are times I DON'T complain about the heat.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,061,009 times
Quote:
Well now I'm a machinist and enjoy a climate controlled building but I've worked a variety of labor jobs in the heat throughout the years. If I have my way, I'll never do it again.

Quote:
Here A view of the perfect job for you!!!
You were probably joking when you posted that, but that looks like it would be incredibly fun. I actually once looked at jobs in Antarctica. Most of the workers only stay during the summer and it's not incredibly cold there then. The difficult decision would be whether to stay through the winter and deal with incredibly cold temperatures (even I have my limits) or come back to a Texas summer.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Well now I'm a machinist and enjoy a climate controlled building but I've worked a variety of labor jobs in the heat throughout the years. If I have my way, I'll never do it again.

You were probably joking when you posted that, but that looks like it would be incredibly fun. I actually once looked at jobs in Antarctica. Most of the workers only stay during the summer and it's not incredibly cold there then. The difficult decision would be whether to stay through the winter and deal with incredibly cold temperatures (even I have my limits) or come back to a Texas summer.
You need to get a job as an ice cream or snow cone tester. It would be easy labor...and actually a pretty cool job!http://plurkfiends.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/92b595a573d25dd5e39a57b5d56d4d03.gif (broken link)

Old 02-06-2012, 06:08 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,293,221 times
Quote:
Huh...get your facts straight K-9*house. Did your brain lock-up on you? It was not my A/C that was set to come on at 70 degrees. It was kenshi that had her A/C set to come on at 70 degrees.
I'm sorry (hanging my head in shame) that I made a mistake. Please accept my most humble apologies for not being infallible like the other posters.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:16 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,569,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I'm sorry (hanging my head in shame) that I made a mistake. Please accept my most humble apologies for not being infallible like the other posters.
Be careful Canine! Showing any weakness whatsoever invites attack!!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Be careful Canine! Showing any weakness whatsoever invites attack!!
Nope! Weakness does not invite attacks, but nitwittedness could definitely provoke some good-natured ribbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas