Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:59 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,885,937 times

Advertisements

Anybody not going this Sunday? Would love to go see my beloved Falcons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 05:18 PM

20,525 posts, read 33,611,394 times
The Dallas Cowboys is one of the top coaching spots in sports. Many would dream to coach the Cowboys. But they would not love to coach for Jerry Jones. His fragile ego subsided a bit when he hired Bill. But he couldn't help himself and slowly but surely, he ran off Bill Parcells. As bad as Coach Cupcake is for Dallas, Jerry is the main problem. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996. There's a reason why.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:02 PM

859 posts, read 2,122,620 times
Saintmarks: It should be a great game, I know everyone around here is excited for the Falcons to travel and play the 'boys.

Spade: What coach could the cowboys possible get next year? I think any tough coach i.e. a Bill Cowher type, will look to the Bill Parcells experiment to see how things turned out. I can't see an "anti phillips" type coach out there at the moment that would put up with Jerry.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:05 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,558,922 times
Wade Phillips isn't the problem with the Cowboys. He's been more than adequate and his defensive play calling is good.

The problem is Tony Romo. Yes, he can throw the ball and play the position, but he's not yet stepped into the leadership role any team needs from it's QB. He's still like a little kid having fun (nothing wrong with that), but he's not the professional leader of a professional team and it shows in the their performance.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:33 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,935,275 times
Jerry Jones was the 10 at 10 on Jay Leno last night. I missed it but the radio was playing some of it this morning. OMYGOSH!!!! Jerry can NOT shut up. They were making fun of him BAD and rightfully so. They only asked him 9 questions and even a simple "yes or no" question took him over several minutes to answer. Tried real quick to see if it was on YouTube yet but didn't see it. I'm sure it will be soon. Jerry is the laughing stock of this city.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Jerry Jones was the 10 at 10 on Jay Leno last night. I missed it but the radio was playing some of it this morning. OMYGOSH!!!! Jerry can NOT shut up. They were making fun of him BAD and rightfully so. They only asked him 9 questions and even a simple "yes or no" question took him over several minutes to answer. Tried real quick to see if it was on YouTube yet but didn't see it. I'm sure it will be soon. Jerry is the laughing stock of this city.

He may not know how to run a football team and be the laughing stock of the city, but he's sure laughing all the way to the bank. For all his other faults, ol' Jerry is a VERY astute businessman who has kept the Cowboys at the very top of the heap in terms of sports team value, AND he conned the taxpayers into building his new palace.

Whatever else he may be, he's no dummy.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,935,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
He may not know how to run a football team and be the laughing stock of the city, but he's sure laughing all the way to the bank. For all his other faults, ol' Jerry is a VERY astute businessman who has kept the Cowboys at the very top of the heap in terms of sports team value, AND he conned the taxpayers into building his new palace.

Not the taxpayers of Dallas. The city leaders of Arlington kind of crammed that one down the taxpayers throats. After all of the figures have come out I don't think the residents of Arlington are going to be very happy that they got stiffed and are just lining his pockets even more while they are working hard everyday to make a living.

I'm not supporting him. I don't own a single thing that says "Cowboys" on it.

He might be an "astute businessman" but that does not make one a good citizen of the community they are in. I think more people are finally going to wake up and see that supporting him is not in their best interest.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 AM

859 posts, read 2,122,620 times
Jerry on Jay Leno Hulu link.

Hulu - The Jay Leno Show: 10@10: Jerry Jones (http://www.hulu.com/watch/104051/the-jay-leno-show-1010-jerry-jones - broken link)

Old 10-23-2009, 08:31 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,628,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

I gotta agree. I've never been a huge fan of Jerry's, but dangit the Cowboys are my team and since he is the owner, I have respect for the man and what he's doing. Last Saturday, we took the tour of Cowboy's Stadium since we had some friends in from out of town who wanted to see it. It's everything it's cracked up to be and quite a monument to "Mr. Jones". In fact, I think his name was probably mentioned by the tour guides more than "Cowboys".

He has brought the best stadium in the NFL to our area and next year's Super Bowl. I don't like the way he micromanages the coaching decisions of the team, but I live with it. And, I do own a couple of things that says Dallas Cowboys on it. One of them is one of the commemorative coins they give away at the start of the tour for being the first to answer a Cowboys trivia question. A cracker jacks trinket with a picture of Tony Dorsett on it. Dang - shoulda been a couple of free tickets, but Jerry didn't get where he is by giving it away I guess......

Old 10-23-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
I gotta agree. I've never been a huge fan of Jerry's, but dangit the Cowboys are my team and since he is the owner, I have respect for the man and what he's doing. Last Saturday, we took the tour of Cowboy's Stadium since we had some friends in from out of town who wanted to see it. It's everything it's cracked up to be and quite a monument to "Mr. Jones". In fact, I think his name was probably mentioned by the tour guides more than "Cowboys".

He has brought the best stadium in the NFL to our area and next year's Super Bowl. I don't like the way he micromanages the coaching decisions of the team, but I live with it. And, I do own a couple of things that says Dallas Cowboys on it. One of them is one of the commemorative coins they give away at the start of the tour for being the first to answer a Cowboys trivia question. A cracker jacks trinket with a picture of Tony Dorsett on it. Dang - shoulda been a couple of free tickets, but Jerry didn't get where he is by giving it away I guess......

It's hard to fault his good intentions and good heart too. He's more than willing to give someone a second or even third chance that everyone has given up on. From Hollywood Henderson to Neon Deon to the late, lamented Terrel Owens, Jerry's not shy about putting his money where his faith is. It's not always successful, but he gets a tip o' the Stetson for trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: