Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,779 times

Advertisements

I'm 26yrs old and am recently divorced. I currently live and work in north Arlington (right off I-30). I 've decided to move to a more vibrant area where I can work on re-establishing a new social circle and meet single females.

I have a co-worker who lives in The Village and he only has good things to say. My work hours are very flexible. I have no issue commuting at 10am and 6pm which, according to him, cuts the commute time to ~30 mins.

** Price Range, $1000 - $1300 (including any parking-spot costs). I can go upwards to $1600 but only if it's really worth it, like a high-rise apartment.
** Not too snooty
-- I don't drink wine nor have a fancy car. I write software for a living and prefer advancing my career with technical expertise rather than moving up the management/entrepreneurial ladder. Being close to future tech-job opportunities is a plus.
** Looking for at least a little cultural diversity. I *love* latinas. Seconded by short white girls. I myself am half-asian, half-white.
** Bars and nightlife reasonably close. Within walking distance or a <$20 cab ride.
** Coffee shops and daytime activities within walking/bicycle distance.
** Low crime.

I was looking at places in Downtown, Uptown, or West Village. I'm fairly outgoing and find it easy to banter with complete strangers. I think it's because most find my quirky demeanor non-threatening. I just don't want to move to a location and find out that I don't quite fit the atmosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 12:23 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
You might try the Henderson Ave and Lower Greenville areas also - a lot of new complexes just off Belmont over to Fitzhugh - also a lot of smaller apartment buildings, duplexes, fourplexes etc. Very friendly area and a lot of different types meeting in the same places. The Village is great, too but a little more insulated. Great parties at Village Country Club and pool.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:39 PM

326 posts, read 962,397 times
You can search all of the downtown apartments here: Residences | Downtown Dallas

The downtown neighborhoods are going to have a large variety of places.

Some of the lofts in Deep Ellum/Exposition Park might be what you are looking for. Cool urban space, close to bars and music, not too trendy. If you want a similar feel but even more grit, you can check out the Cedars.

Uptown is going to be more "snooty" than the other districts, but there are still sports bars and casual places in the neighborhood. It all depends on what property you find.

In the Main Street District (less "snooty" than Uptown, more "snooty" than Deep Ellum) some of the historic loft buildings include the Kirby or 1900 Elm, which have residents of all ages. The more luxury apartments downtown are going to be the party places.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 AM

29 posts, read 68,960 times
It's interesting how the OP had written "snooty". That's cool because it shows that there are people that do not want to be bothered by pretentious snobbery.

Life is so much easier when peeps are down-to-earth. Real talk (i.e. seriously).

Good luck in your search, OP. I am hoping that you'll find what you're looking for. Laterz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: