Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 06:38 PM

6 posts, read 14,814 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I got really fat while attending nursing school and lack the motivation to get back into shape on my own. I was curious if anyone has heard about lean ladies bootcamp? They meet at several locations and I am particularly interested in the northpark mall one.

Any opinions or if you know of a really good bootcamp workout that won't break the bank, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 06:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
more power to you--don't know of one
my daughter is doing one in Nokomis, FL and while it is not the easiest thing with her schedule she is glad she is gutting it out...

Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 AM

333 posts, read 1,021,964 times
Have you considered joining a gym that offers classes? Most gyms offer Bootcamp classes, along with every other class you can think of, and you might get more for your $$, especially if you need the motivation of attending a class.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycMarr View Post
Have you considered joining a gym that offers classes? Most gyms offer Bootcamp classes, along with every other class you can think of, and you might get more for your $$, especially if you need the motivation of attending a class.
I have a membership at Golds and I just can't seem to get myself in there. I figured if I pay the money it will force me to attend and keep me accountable. The hardest part for me is getting started.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM

871 posts, read 2,690,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickens View Post
I have a membership at Golds and I just can't seem to get myself in there. I figured if I pay the money it will force me to attend and keep me accountable. The hardest part for me is getting started.
I'm a member at Gold's Gym and I love it. I know it's hard but I am committed to losing the extra 70-80 pounds I am carrying and I go in 6-7 days a week, cardio every day, weights 3-4 times a week (alternating upper and lower body). I've made it a part of my life and for me, I think the key is not to allow yourself to get discouraged. So many people make New Year's Resolutions, join gyms in January, and then after a while they hop on the scale and see that the weight isn't fall as fast as they'd like (average person on average program can only lose 1 pound a week at most, let's face it your workout isn't the 6 hours a day the Biggest Loser folks do), and they give up.

I think at the very least you have accept that exercising is another necessity in your life (Along with eating, sleeping, etc) and that you need it for life longevity and cardiovascular fitness (To help prevent heart attacks and strokes). I don't bother getting on the scale all too often. I refuse to allow myself to get discouraged. I know that no matter what, even if I plateau in terms of weight, that exercise (both cardio and weights) is beneficial to my life and it is just as important to my well-being as eating and sleeping. IMHO, you need to have the motivation before you do anything in this realm, including doing a boot camp.

If you can't get yourself into a Gold's Gym which you pay for, I don't see how you will get yourself up at 5 or 6 am for a boot camp (most of those boot camps are early in the morning, some do have late afternoon sessions).

And besides, more on topic, there are MANY other boot camps. Here are links to a few in the DFW area:

https://www.jaysbootcamp.com/Program...p-Fitness.html

Fitness Boot Camp / Dallas Boot Camp - Dallas Boot Camp

Dallas County Boot Camp for Women - Dallas Outdoor Fitness, Fitness Boot Camp, Personal Training, Wellness, Weight loss, Irving, Las Colinas, Weight Training, Fitness, Exercise, Irving, Las Colinas, Circuit Training, Group Training, Nutrition, Salud, (This is an all women's one, but really even the co-ed ones have more women than men as participants)

Dallas Military Fitness - Get Fit the Military Way!

The North Dallas Boot Camp: Boot Camps & Fitness Training

Just because Dallas may not have "Lean Ladies" (not confirmed) doesn't mean there isn't a slew of great boot camps in the area.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
I refuse to allow myself to get discouraged. I know that no matter what, even if I plateau in terms of weight, that exercise (both cardio and weights) is beneficial to my life and it is just as important to my well-being as eating and sleeping.
This is such fantastic advice and it is so true! Thank you for all the info pappy97. I actually got my butt outside on this beautiful day and walked for an hour. I wish you all the best in achieving your goals.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM

871 posts, read 2,690,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickens View Post
This is such fantastic advice and it is so true! Thank you for all the info pappy97. I actually got my butt outside on this beautiful day and walked for an hour. I wish you all the best in achieving your goals.
You too! I am sure you can achieve the goals you want, as long you keep at it no matter what!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: