Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times

Advertisements

Are those Spanish style tiles on the roof?

I'm not feeling it, sorry.

Even Taco Bell has moved away from that design trend on their newer restaurants & remodels.

I'd also be willing to bet you 100 bucks they're going to plant palm trees all around there...something about Dallas/North Texas & palm trees combined just doesn't look quite right to me.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 03-29-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Are those Spanish style tiles on the roof?

I'm not feeling it, sorry.

Even Taco Bell has moved away from that design trend on their newer restaurants & remodels.

I'd also be willing to bet you 100 bucks they're going to plant palm trees all around there...something about Dallas/North Texas & palm trees combined just doesn't look quite right to me.
How dare they didn't consult you.
Yes, that is their theme. Yes, they will be planting Sabel Palmetos (cold-hardy) for their trademark crossed palms.

Like so:

Last edited by TowerGuy; 03-29-2011 at 09:50 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
How dare they didn't consult you.
Yes, that is their theme. Yes, they will be planting Sabel Palmetos (cold-hardy) for their trademark crossed palms.

Like so:
Awesome!

North Texas is now officially known as the prairie of palms or palm prairie.

They've already jacked the name Silicon Prairie from California's Silicon Valley.

What's next?

When will Dallas finally learn its ok to just be itself?

I have the same gripe with Austin btw.

Anyways...I wish In-N-Out the best of luck in this already over saturated Texas hamburger/fast food market. Competition here is stiff & not something they are used to having.

Austin would have been a much better choice IMO for testing the waters first.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 03-29-2011 at 10:15 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Awesome!

North Texas is now officially known as the prairie of palms or palm prairie.

They've already jacked the name Silicon Prairie from California's Silicon Valley.

What's next?

When will Dallas finally learn its ok to just be itself?

I have the same gripe with Austin btw.

Anyways...I wish In-N-Out the best of luck in this already over saturated Texas hamburger/fast food market. Competition here is stiff & not something they are used to having.

Austin would have been a much better choice IMO for testing the waters first.
Yes, absolutely right, virtually no competition. In California there was no other burger joint except for IN-N-OUT. They were everywhere. Every corner, every gas station, every school campus, corporate campus and hospital campus. They kept us all in total isolation and made us believe that they were the genesis of hamburgers and french fries the world over. The Alpha and the Omega. They reigned over all of us Californians with an iron fist. Don't worry though, the end is happier. Some of us broke free of the totalitarian IN-N-OUT regime, moved all of our belongings here to Texas and discovered places like McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's. That was just the start. Soon we discovered, Red Robin, Fuddruckers, Twisted Root, local mom and pop burger joints (unheard of, nonexistent in Cali) and much more.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, absolutely right, virtually no competition. In California there was no other burger joint except for IN-N-OUT. They were everywhere. Every corner, every gas station, every school campus, corporate campus and hospital campus. They kept us all in total isolation and made us believe that they were the genesis of hamburgers and french fries the world over. The Alpha and the Omega. They reigned over all of us Californians with an iron fist. Don't worry though, the end is happier. Some of us broke free of the totalitarian IN-N-OUT regime, moved all of our belongings here to Texas and discovered places like McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's. That was just the start. Soon we discovered, Red Robin, Fuddruckers, Twisted Root, local mom and pop burger joints (unheard of, nonexistent in Cali) and much more.
OMG you like totally forgot Whataburger, Sonic, Braums, & DQ.

Figures

In-N-Out's fiercest competition will be Whataburger, which is open 24 hours & has home turf advantage.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
OMG you like totally forgot Whataburger, Sonic, Braums, & DQ.

Figures

In-N-Out's fiercest competition will be Whataburger, which is open 24 hours & has home turf advantage.
No, didn't forget them. I simply left off any mention of any burger place that instantly triggers my gag reflex. Funny, you got them all in order from bad to worst.

Last edited by TowerGuy; 03-29-2011 at 11:49 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
I want to know how many in n out naysayers eat at McDonalds or Taco Bell or Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr.? Those all started in CA.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I want to know how many in n out naysayers eat at McDonalds or Taco Bell or Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr.? Those all started in CA.
LOL Right! Especially some of these territorial Texans who are defending "Texas treasures" like Dairy Queen, Whataburger, Sonic and Braums.

Should we tell them that only one of those was actually founded and is headquartered in Texas and the others are from Oklahoma and Illinois???

It is also amazing to see the IN-N-OUT haters, who supposedly couldn't care less, take the time out of their day to fulfill their emotional need to post negative comments on the In-N-Out thread.

Honestly, calm down and simmer down. In-N-Out is not coming here with the goal of putting your favorite burger joint out of business. Calm. Down. Relax.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
LOL Right! Especially some of these territorial Texans who are defending "Texas treasures" like Dairy Queen, Whataburger, Sonic and Braums.

Should we tell them that only one of those was actually founded and is headquartered in Texas and the others are from Oklahoma and Illinois???

It is also amazing to see the IN-N-OUT haters, who supposedly couldn't care less, take the time out of their day to fulfill their emotional need to post negative comments on the In-N-Out thread.

Honestly, calm down and simmer down. In-N-Out is not coming here with the goal of putting your favorite burger joint out of business. Calm. Down. Relax.
I already knew that, but DQ might as well be headquartered in Texas they have more franchises here than any other state including the one they're headquartered in.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I already knew that, but DQ might as well be headquartered in Texas they have more franchises here than any other state including the one they're headquartered in.
Yeah...not bad for starting out as a Texas outsider, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas