Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:30 PM

143 posts, read 702,328 times

Advertisements

Yes, In-N-Out Is Indeed "Looking at a Few Specific Sites in the Dallas Area." Now, See You at Maple & Motor for Lunch? - Dallas News - Unfair Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,226,086 times
You should have put your flame suit on! I'm bracing myself for the "haters".

Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,976 times
Figures....they would come to Dallas right as we are moving.

Oh well, I will be in LA next Thursday for a meeting and will definitely be making a trip to In-N-Out.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:28 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times

Alright y'all. I've heard so much about this burger on these boards, it better be good!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,597,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Alright y'all. I've heard so much about this burger on these boards, it better be good!
You'll be rather disappointed. I think it's like any restaurant you grow up with - no matter how crappy it really is, some folks have an emotional connection since it's from their home.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
You'll be rather disappointed. I think it's like any restaurant you grow up with - no matter how crappy it really is, some folks have an emotional connection since it's from their home.
Really? Bummer. I'm not a big junk food eater. I can live without fries, fried food, chips...most of that stuff. Everything except chocolate and a really good cheeseburger.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Why I love In-N-Out -

Food always made to order, no heat lamp hang out.
The ingredients are never frozen.. the tomatoes slices are perfect, the lettuce is always crisp and pristine. It's a whole package thing that never fails me. It's also a matter of personal taste of course. I'm an omnivore, not a carnivore, so I appreciate the sauce-good veggie-nice thin burger flavor/texture combo very much. Each fresh part adding up to one tasty whole. A lot of people who are disappointed are probably fans of the more Texas-style 1/2 pound type burger, which is simply too much meat for me in one sitting.

Avoid the fries.. even when you order them well done they're not worth the calories.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:03 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
You should have put your flame suit on! I'm bracing myself for the "haters".
Call me a hater then. Personally I get a massive case of tiredhead when I come in here and there's a new post about In-N-Out every friggin week.

DFW has gobs of hamburger joints already, both chain and local/regional. I live next to BFE and there are 4 Sonics, 2 Wendy's (less than 2 miles apart), 1 McDonald's, 1 Burger King, 1 Whataburger, 1 Mooyah, and 1 Scotty P's all within 7 miles of my front door.

I mean, seriously, it's a piece of cooked cow flesh sandwiched between two pieces of baked enriched flour with your choice of toppings - one step above a hot dog and one step below mom's macaroni casserole.

We need another burger chain here about as badly as Seattle needs another Starbucks.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:21 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I hope when it gets here people will stop talking about it. I'm sick of these threads too, but I'm sicker of people telling other people what kind of food they should like or want. If the market is here for another burger joint or this particular burger joint, it will make it. If not, it will fail. Simple economics.

If you don't think it's good and you think people that like it well enough to miss this particular hamburger joint are nuts, you could try not reading the In-N-Out threads. I don't read all the tiresome suburbs blow-Dallas rocks (and vice versa) threads for the same reason (tired head).

Old 04-29-2010, 02:59 PM

871 posts, read 2,690,437 times
If In-N-Out is coming, I don't think it's a coincidence either that Carl's Jr is finally penetrating the DFW metro proper with locations that are not only at Love's Truck Stops (like the soon to be location on Lemmon Ave, the one on Campbell near Campbell/75).

To me this is a sign that these companies are taking notice of the influx of CA transplants and think they can make money off them as well as DFW'ers. But without the CA transplants I doubt we'd have In-N-Out or new locations of Carl's Jr that weren't a part of Love's Truck stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: