Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM

146 posts, read 444,300 times

Advertisements

Found this video online. Its kinda a mini 'documenetry' on Dallas. It features quick interviews with CEO's of companies that relocated to Dallas.

YouTube - Destination Dallas

I think this is a great vid that shows Dallas and helps you understand the success of this area.

I almost cried at the end.....so proud of my Dallas!

Thoughts?

Last edited by 99percent; 05-17-2010 at 08:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 AM

29 posts, read 96,530 times
99% - thanks for posting. Completely agree - made me feel proud of my city. It's a great video - very carefully prepared - had a Bank (targeting potential movers from NYC / East Coast), an EPC company Fluor, a Healthcare company in Tenet and some tech companies like ATT (an attempt to tap the CA market).

Perhaps I am nitpicking here but some thoughts...
1. The presentation should have highlighted the number of Fortune 500 we have (I believe DFW is 2nd largest in the world in terms of F500 HQs)
2. Should have played up the ample number of Golf courses we have (rather than a solo attempt at Sailing) - more CEOs play golf than sail
3. Should have highlighted the Diversity we have in the metroplex
4. Should have highlighted the year-round warm weather & that you can buy larger houses
5. We have many international companies in the metroplex & a major international hub at DFW airport
6. SMBs were ignored - perhaps one or two could have been interviewed

Almost all major Cities & Business chambers in the nation spend a lot of money & effort in enticing companies to relocate. Such videos play a minor role in swaying the decision. Two major factors influencing the move are (a) tax amnesty & other benefits offered by city to the relocating firm and (b) the rapport established by City Leaders with the CEO/Exec Management.

Rohan

Old 05-18-2010, 10:14 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
I loved it!!!It answers alot of questions,and paints a better picture for people who are clueless about Dallas due to misinformation and distruths that are thrown around.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
where is all of the input that we would normally see?....u know....all the rebuttles and things?...I guess he truth is hard to swallow.......that figures.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM

146 posts, read 444,300 times
Another vid of Dallas that sowcases the region: "Dallas Delievers"

YouTube - Dallas Delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
where is all of the input that we would normally see?....u know....all the rebuttles and things?...I guess he truth is hard to swallow.......that figures.
I guess truth does hurt

I mean, Dallas is a large metro, that is getting even bigger. We have the largest gains in population. We have a huge number of fortune 500 companies and other large company HQ's right here in and around Dallas.

There is a reason so many people and buisnesses are coming to Dallas form California, New York, and all across the country. Here, their are opportunities, and success is encouraged. You cant argue with that.

I see some haters of Dallas on here, and while YOU may not like it, many people LOVE it. Dont bash Dallas because of personal reasons, or becuase you just dont like it. Dallas certainly is one of the top place to live in the nation.

Personal views aside, people are coming to Dallas from all over. We are proud of the success of this city/state. It's not perfect, silly mistakes have been made by leaders and politicains, but no where is perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: