Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times

Advertisements

Just looking to see if anyone is using IGS or any other provider besides Vectren for natural gas and what you think of the service and cost. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 06:03 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I asked this before and didn't get any responses. I have Vectren and keep asking myself "is everyone really paying 20.00 a month for NO gas, just service charges?" I haven't thought about whether their gas is more expensive.
A guy at work says he can't remember the details of what they had before, thinks it was Vectren but they switched to Vectren Source and it seems cheaper.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:11 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
I guess not. Thanks^^^^

Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,444 times
Vectran Source is a natural gas supplier. Basically Columbia gas gets their gas from a company such as this, that's how they can lock in your "great deal." I just responded to a job posting claiming to be for Columbia Gas and found out it was actually for VS. When I asked questions I felt like I just got the run around. They ARE NOT hiring "reps" they are hiring sales people. I add this bc they try to say "We aren't hiring sales people, we are hiring representatives." I have been looking into this company and I personally don't feel comfortable working for them bc I don't want to rip ppl off for a living. Some gas companies (like Columbia Gas) also offer budget plans that you can use your current provider and still have a locked in price. Vectran Source is also not listed with the BBB. Just remember to always read the fine print and if a "rep" does come to your door trying to sell they're services, make sure to ask questions, especially about extra fees, and get REAL ANSWERS.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:23 PM

235 posts, read 434,877 times
We checked out VS a couple of years ago when they first came to the area. It sounded like a good deal, till I checked them out further. Their supposedly "fixed rates" are higher than Vectrens. If I remember right, at the time Vectren's rate was something like 87 cents per whatever they call it , and VS's were $1.18. I've never heard of GSI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton