Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I have a whole lot of days I wish I could just wipe clean.
I love this saying! Glory, what a talent you have for writing. You remind me of Erma Bombeck!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:45 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times
Hi All,

A drug called Uloric (sp) is advertised on tv......the guy is carrying around a lot of fake greenish uric acid...I wonder if TFW would benefit....

Well, we had house guests last week....best friend, her spouse, his cousin and her husband..had a great visit, but way too short....just 2 nights.. And right after they left, other CA friends came, but just for one night. I never washed towels and sheets so fast in my life! A few hours after they left, I took my husband and our little gal friend to DIA so they could fly home for the funeral of a good friend....(she goes to CSU here and it was her grandpa)..... While he was there his best friend was rushed to E.R. and is still in the hospital......we are pretty worried.....sigh.... I went back to DIA to pick them up on Sunday night......I don't know that airport very well and it's HUGE......and I am always afraid I am going to be in the wrong lane, going to the wrong terminal......but at least they don't scream at you if you are at the curb for longer than 3 seconds like they do at John Wayne and LAX.

Tomorrow I have that colon test......so today, water, apple juice, flat diet A & W........and then I start drinking 'the stuff' later on today.........sigh........wish it was over. The place where I have to go is an hour from here........I knew I should have ordered a freebie Depends somewhere along the way......sigh again......

My kid is filling out her graduation forms up in Montana......her college in CA did not forward the info when she received the AA, so it's a mess....(transcripts were sent several times, but not the final part showing the AA. I have no idea why it wasn't, so I was on the phone with her old school today and it's like pulling teeth....we finally found something on her private web site associated with the school, so she printed that off and maybe it'll be okay...). The kid is exhausted with all of this stuff.....I became hysterical because I couldn't find her AA.....(finally found it in an area where I would never look....husband stored certain things in basement in case we ever have a tornado).. I still might have to scan it and forward, I dunno....

I knew where everything was in the old house, no matter how long it had been since it had been put away......it'll come with time here, but it's a crummy feeling when people are depending on you at the other end and stressed to the max......

Old 09-27-2011, 02:46 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times
Quote:

Wishing for More Rain Sunday in Texas!

My grandson and I went to Chucky Cheese while my daughter, son and friends went to Halloween Horror Night at Universal. We had some really bad lightening/thunder storms last night that may have affected their fun, but I won't know until they wake up. Lord knows when that will be. Chucky Cheese was okay, sort of loud, but he had a great time.
Chucky Cheese = test of endurance for anybody over 12......

Old 09-27-2011, 03:16 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hi All,

A drug called Uloric (sp) is advertised on tv......the guy is carrying around a lot of fake greenish uric acid...I wonder if TFW would benefit....

Well, we had house guests last week....best friend, her spouse, his cousin and her husband..had a great visit, but way too short....just 2 nights.. And right after they left, other CA friends came, but just for one night. I never washed towels and sheets so fast in my life! A few hours after they left, I took my husband and our little gal friend to DIA so they could fly home for the funeral of a good friend....(she goes to CSU here and it was her grandpa)..... While he was there his best friend was rushed to E.R. and is still in the hospital......we are pretty worried.....sigh.... I went back to DIA to pick them up on Sunday night......I don't know that airport very well and it's HUGE......and I am always afraid I am going to be in the wrong lane, going to the wrong terminal......but at least they don't scream at you if you are at the curb for longer than 3 seconds like they do at John Wayne and LAX.

Tomorrow I have that colon test......so today, water, apple juice, flat diet A & W........and then I start drinking 'the stuff' later on today.........sigh........wish it was over. The place where I have to go is an hour from here........I knew I should have ordered a freebie Depends somewhere along the way......sigh again......

My kid is filling out her graduation forms up in Montana......her college in CA did not forward the info when she received the AA, so it's a mess....(transcripts were sent several times, but not the final part showing the AA. I have no idea why it wasn't, so I was on the phone with her old school today and it's like pulling teeth....we finally found something on her private web site associated with the school, so she printed that off and maybe it'll be okay...). The kid is exhausted with all of this stuff.....I became hysterical because I couldn't find her AA.....(finally found it in an area where I would never look....husband stored certain things in basement in case we ever have a tornado).. I still might have to scan it and forward, I dunno....

I knew where everything was in the old house, no matter how long it had been since it had been put away......it'll come with time here, but it's a crummy feeling when people are depending on you at the other end and stressed to the max......

Hold your nose when you drink.. Kills the taste

Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM

Wurzig, I tried Uloric. Besides being very expensive, it made me very sick. Too, I;m always nervous about going on a "new" drug that hasnt been around long enough to see the real side-effects. I'm now on a generic called Allopurinol that has been around forever and, although it supposedly isnt as strong as Uloric, it seems to be working. I'll know at my next blood test this Friday..

Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Good luck on your colonoscopy, Wurzig! The prep isnt nearly so bad as it used to be. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. And as for the test itself, it's so nice nowadays...you go to sleep and wake up refreshed and scoped.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Chucky Cheese = test of endurance for anybody over 12......
No joke. That place is a zoo. They do make it all as easy as possible with the tokens...and the games were fun. It was just really LOUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
...you go to sleep and wake up refreshed and scoped.
GAWD...when I read it the first time I thought you said "scooped".

My son was offered a job from a company that does the calibration on hotel door locks. Apparently they have contracts with several large chains.
It requires the crew to be on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time. The money is great for a 19 year old ($150 a day). My thought is if he's on the road....he won't be here.
He needs to get some independence....I'm still doing his laundry.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
HAPPY WEDNESDAY MORNING!

Who wants to go exercise?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Me neither.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Quote:
HAPPY WEDNESDAY MORNING!

Who wants to go exercise?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Me neither.
That looks like a good one for the neck and shoulders but I would probably land in the ER if I tried it. No coordination at all .

Yet ANOTHER storm passed us up last night. Got maybe 5 minutes of a light rain and that was it. Grrrrrrr.....

Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Yet ANOTHER storm passed us up last night. Got maybe 5 minutes of a light rain and that was it. Grrrrrrr.....
Me too, Camper. I saw a lot of lightening and heard a lot of thunder -- was so happy -- but not a drop...not even 5 minutes' worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff