Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Just glanced through a few posts......hope all are feeling better.

The air is very dry here........and heaters make it more so.......we wake up feeling kinda sick, but then it goes away after we drink stuff....... He and I did get sick at the first of December though (I cut my hair, remember??? LOL), and I got a flu shot, too........maybe the flu shot helped with the severity of it, I dunno. I took a lot of Tylenol stuff, Zicam, tons of vitamins, (especially C), and Mucinex.....lots of Mucinex.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
She died of breast cancer, right? I thought she was pretty....
Yes, Jill Ireland died of breast cancer. And she was lovely.

Ketabcha, I didnt read Jill's autobiography and it may be that she revealed some info there that wasnt generally known to the public. But I've always read that David McCallum was cheating on her and had made plans to marry another girl while he and Jill were still married. In fact, I read a 1967 interview with that girlfriend, admitting that she and David were making marriage plans while David was still living with Jill. That's what caused David and Jill's divorce in 1967. Jill married Charles Bronson in 1968.

I agree that she couldnt act -- but I loved that Charles Bronson was so much in love with her that he cast her in his movies. He was (and still is) my biggest crush ever. In fact, I think I agreed to marry my last husband because he looked a lot like Charles Bronson and his name was Charlie too.

Last edited by TFW46; 01-02-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Good idea, Glory! Thanks so much.

I wont be updating the daily threads I started for January. I'll just figure out what works best for me. Later tonight, I'll post something in each of those January threads explaining what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You could keep an eye on what generates the most traffic and seems to be the most popular so you wouldn't have so many threads to keep up with daily. You may also want to do a combination of several. I'm not sure....just do whatever works best for you!!!

Other than around the holidays, I've never done current daily deal threads because they just take a whole lot of time. I'm going to try a simple on for January for Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc.....but if it doesn't get a lot of traffic in January, I doubt I'll keep the thread up.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:46 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Yes, Jill Ireland died of breast cancer. And she was lovely.

Ketabcha, I didnt read Jill's autobiography and it may be that she revealed some info there that wasnt generally known to the public. But I've always read that David McCallum was cheating on her and had made plans to marry another girl while he and Jill were still married. In fact, I read a 1967 interview with that girlfriend, admitting that she and David were making marriage plans while David was still living with Jill. That's what caused David and Jill's divorce in 1967. Jill married Charles Bronson in 1968.

I agree that she couldnt act -- but I loved that Charles Bronson was so much in love with her that he cast her in his movies. He was (and still is) my biggest crush ever. In fact, I think I agreed to marry my last husband because he looked a lot like Charles Bronson and his name was Charlie too.
I just checked and David did remarry before Jill did. So I am no longer holding a grudge. It's ironic that I remember thinking my mother was wrong to get mad at "stars" because they had affairs and divorced and now I find that I was doing the same thing with Jill Ireland. So, I hereby declare that I am no longer angry at Jill Ireland.

BTW, I thought that Bronson was a real hottie in "Once Upon A Time in the West."

Old 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM

LOL at Ketabcha's no longer being angry at Jill Ireland! I'm glad that she made Charles Bronson so happy but I was a bit miffed at her for not letting the rest of us have a go at him.

And, yes, he was a hottie in Once Upon A Time in the West.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/charliebronson.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I just checked and David did remarry before Jill did. So I am no longer holding a grudge. It's ironic that I remember thinking my mother was wrong to get mad at "stars" because they had affairs and divorced and now I find that I was doing the same thing with Jill Ireland. So, I hereby declare that I am no longer angry at Jill Ireland.

BTW, I thought that Bronson was a real hottie in "Once Upon A Time in the West."

Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:

I sort of am the same way. I haven't really enjoyed looking at Brad Pitt after he cheated on Jennifer Anniston. I'm not even a big fan of hers. I just felt sorry for her because it was done so publicly.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:34 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I sort of am the same way. I haven't really enjoyed looking at Brad Pitt after he cheated on Jennifer Anniston. I'm not even a big fan of hers. I just felt sorry for her because it was done so publicly.
The first one I can remember that my mother was mad at was the Carol Lawrence - Robert Goulet fiasco. ahahahaha. I absolutely did not care.

I agree about Anniston. I'm not a big fan of hers, either, but to go through something like that while the entire world is watching has got to be pure hell. She handled it all beautifully in the public eye. She's a class act.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
The first one I can remember that my mother was mad at was the Carol Lawrence - Robert Goulet fiasco. ahahahaha. I absolutely did not care.

I agree about Anniston. I'm not a big fan of hers, either, but to go through something like that while the entire world is watching has got to be pure hell. She handled it all beautifully in the public eye. She's a class act.
Yeah, I would've gotten some paparazzi together and went to spray paint his car....and maybe the new couple.

I'm a firm believer in this song:

Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats - YouTube

Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 AM

Fun Mailbox of the Week:
(for those of you who think the mailman dips into your freebies.....)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/SW2.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-03-2012, 08:04 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
I have a picture of a mailbox like this but made of stone. Perfect picture for a teas mailbox!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff