Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
That weird thing you posted, GB, looks like my neck after the surgery. Gross.

I had to take Stella the Diva cat to the vet this morning to have her washed and groomed. It was a one-on-one confrontation between the two of us getting her into the carrier. I have 3 carriers. I bought this expensive one just for her. It is soft-sided and can be opened on the end or on the top. I needed the top loading one for Stella. I adopted her 2 years ago when her owner moved to Seattle and was afraid to take Stella because of Stella's age. Stella is 12 and is a handful. I love her to death but she is very honery when it comes to going somewhere. By the time I got to the vet's, which is 10 minutes from my house, I was covered in sweat and looked like swamp trash. Stella looked just fine but was carrying on like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Anyway, I then went to the local produce/farmer's market for .....well.....produce. Avocados were $2.69 each. EACH! I remember picking them in the front yard in Hawaii. Too much money. But, they had homemade parmasian-spinach bread and I could not resist it. So, I'm eating a sandwich right now with avocado (one I already had) mayo, tomato and sprouts.

Life is good.
At our 2nd house, we had at least 8 HUGE avocado trees.......I used to take enormous sacks of them to work......everybody loved me.....they were the gorgeous green ones with thin skin...Fuerte? (I can no longer remember).. They are so expensive now......I hate to buy them and they are so small.....

When/where I grew up, my next door neighbor was a vineyard...... Living in the San Joaquin Valley, (breadbasket for the world), we had everything...fresh off the vines and trees and so delicious.......we always knew somebody who gave us a lug of something...we were always canning, freezing, etc...... Paying exhorbitant prices for inferior food really gets to me.....

That bread sounds really good, Keta! Sounds like a just reward after cat duty!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Ahhh....you have so much class ketabcha. My idea of heaven is a greasy cheeseburger.

Good luck with your visit Camper. I guess you saw something different in the pervy veggie than I did.

My grandson has his 4 year old birthday party this weekend. My daughter doesn't have enough money to buy a decent hair brush, but she has spent quite a bit on this party and for gifts. Unless we take a loan, he'll be disappointed when Christmas comes.

He also starts preK in a couple of weeks. I'm debating going back to the morning shift after working nights for over a year. Just not sure what will work best at this point.

Freebies titles are funny this morning....we got Freeflys - Kinky Liquor and Blowfish.
Is she saving any for tuition?

I hope that he has a fun birthday.......

Old 08-10-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Hi Friends, I'm back. Took me several days to recover from our mini-vacation. you know how it is! We had a great time in St. Augustine, but on that last day, we were SO ready to come home. Important thing is, Hubby got some much-needed rest, and he's definitely less stressed now.

That bread (and your sandwich) sounds delicious! Maybe I'll go dig my bread machine out of the garage today. Guess I didn't mention this before, but my hubby is Hawaiian. Grew up on Oahu.

Never heard it put that way before. Made me grin.
(I decided years ago never to have that done. No lectures, please... )

Wow. LOL.

Will try to remember that...but I betcha I don't.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Glory, are you getting the kind of rain we are? It's been a downpour almost all day. My lawn looks great! Even my plumeria, which I thought had died, is coming back to life. Yay!
I LOVE plumeria! I tried to grow one along the coast in CA., but it died....and it is too cold to have one here in CO.......but my friend in San Clemente had them in her yard...and my neighbor across the street did, too.....I was so disappointed when mine dried up......

Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hey! Good to see you again. Aren't vacations heck!

I gave up on that sample. I'm just not seeing the same screen you guys are.
I saw it and probably applied too late.....only 15k will receive it......

Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Is she saving any for tuition?

I hope that he has a fun birthday.......
Lets just say that saving money isn't her high point.

She's a single mom and does qualify for a decent grant.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I woke up just feeling crabby. Must be my happy hormonal menopausal pms week. I just want to slap or kick something.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/PMS.jpg (broken link)

It's raining again for the second day in a row. Guess it beats scorching heat and drought. (HEY that reminds me...how's the folks in Texas?)

Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
It really gets scary this time of year when your on a well. It's not only been so long since we got ANY rain, the 100 + days are killing even the " drought tolerant" stuff. Our poor wildlife is suffering the worst.

Sad, so very very sad. They keep saying it's at it's peak now and will break the 3rd week in August. We'll see. I just hope the break doesn't come in the form of a hurricane and flood.

Other than that, we're just fine. Thanks for asking!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
That looks like a pregnant monkey's butt.
Seen a lot of those have you?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:02 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It really gets scary this time of year when your on a well. It's not only been so long since we got ANY rain, the 100 + days are killing even the " drought tolerant" stuff. Our poor wildlife is suffering the worst.

Sad, so very very sad. They keep saying it's at it's peak now and will break the 3rd week in August. We'll see. I just hope the break doesn't come in the form of a hurricane and flood.

Other than that, we're just fine. Thanks for asking!!!
The communities in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area are beginning very strict watering conservation. So far we can water between 6 pm and 10 am but some areas are saying "Only water 2 times a week." What I've seen, and am guilty off, is that we are slowly letting the heat and the drought win. My yard is dying around the edges. It's so darn hot and so dry. I hate to go outside because of it. Luckily, I'm a reader and I'm not feeling cabin fever yet but it will come.

I'm worried about your well, Camper. I didn't realize y'all were on a well. Yikes! Come on RAIN!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
The communities in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area are beginning very strict watering conservation. So far we can water between 6 pm and 10 am but some areas are saying "Only water 2 times a week." What I've seen, and am guilty off, is that we are slowly letting the heat and the drought win. My yard is dying around the edges. It's so darn hot and so dry. I hate to go outside because of it. Luckily, I'm a reader and I'm not feeling cabin fever yet but it will come.

I'm worried about your well, Camper. I didn't realize y'all were on a well. Yikes! Come on RAIN!
Grass? What the heck is grass? We have been in stage 2 water restrictions so long I don't remember what it's like not to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff