Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 05:31 PM

59 posts, read 45,931 times

Advertisements

My wife and I give lots of stuff away on Craigslist. We actually give away some really nice stuff like a $600 treadmill, a 32" led flat screen tv, a couple of juicers (yes I thought I'd try juicing twice), some nice square plates, nice furniture, a couch that was originally around $3,000 still good condition, stainless cookware, and a bunch of expensive work clothes just to name a few. We also gave away some really cheap stuff we thought no one could possibly want as well. We gave it away because it easier than trying to sell it and I hate adding good stuff to landfills and we really hate clutter. Plus most people really seem to need the stuff. So I was wondering what kind of stuff other people give away and on a side note, do people resell good stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 07:19 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,816,733 times
I got a working air conditioner a while back that I still use.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:41 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Well I know I don't like to pick up furniture because of the scare of bed bugs anymore you have to be so careful it seems the more people I talk too say ,yeah just not worth the risk of bed bugs to pick up used couches ,mattresses etc .

Old 08-31-2016, 01:39 PM

353 posts, read 427,176 times
My wife

Old 09-04-2016, 08:40 AM

2,310 posts, read 6,826,941 times
I got quite a few things over the years.
..a roll of new insulation that I used to fill in the gaps in my basement ceiling
.. HP Inkjet printer that lasted 2 yrs. I gave it away on CL afterwards
.. A nice two drawer file cabinet
.. A big painting now hanging in my living room

My give away to other people:
.. Lightbulbs i removed when I switch to cfls a few years ago
.. Unopened boxes of Toothpastes - just got too many
.. A microwave that turns itself off early to someone who knows how to repair it
.. Cardboard boxes
.. Event pins
.. Boxtop
.. Brand new Sun shade for the car windshield
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff