Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 10:00 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,428,694 times

Advertisements

I get this daily newsletter called Everyday Cheapskate, with tips and recipes (Although I'm about to unsubscribe because more advertising is being added all the time).

Anywho ... today's subject line was "Put Leftover Wine to Delicious Use".

I didn't know that existed!

http://bestsmileys.com/silly/5.gif (broken link)

Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,272,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I get this daily newsletter called Everyday Cheapskate, with tips and recipes (Although I'm about to unsubscribe because more advertising is being added all the time).

Haha! Me neither!

Just a note: I'm pretty sure California is doing away with plastic bags altogether soon. Time to stock up on those freebie reusable shopping bags.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
You guys need to move to Texas where nothing ever happens!
Don't you have to swerve around armadillos when you drive into town?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:

I'll bet they said freeze it into ice cubes and then later add it to things such as spaghetti sauce when you make it....

Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
Haha! Me neither!

Just a note: I'm pretty sure California is doing away with plastic bags altogether soon. Time to stock up on those freebie reusable shopping bags.
That kinda irks me.....even with the regular plastic bags, unless they have a hole in them by the time I get them home, I use them again...(and even with a hole, sometimes I double bag them and use them)...sometimes just to poke daily trash in and take to the can outside or put recycle bottles in them and then take them to the recycle place and after I empty them, I put them into their big recycle can.....

I bought some of the Ralphs bags......I think they are 99 cents.....and if I can remember to take them into the store the next time, and IF the clerk can remember, I get 5 cents credit for each bag.......which means I'd have to take them in 20 times to break even on my cost..... I have only remembered to take them in twice and the first time the clerk forgot to give me credit......just more stress for my brain to remember.....gawd, I have to dig for my credit card, my key chain with 3 trillion fobs on it, my coupons and now I have to remind them to give me credit...

I bought a thermal one at Trader Joe's and have remembered to take it in twice..(I live by TJ's, but don't go there very often)....they let you fill out a coupon and have a weekly drawing for a few bucks worth of groceries or something.....both times, I had to remind them to let me fill out the coupon..... And we walked to TJ's and my husband carried the bag home for me and the handle is a bit too long and it drug on the ground so now it has a scrape on it....

And ONE TIME, I received a freebie from somebody a year or two ago....it was canvas-type...something or other health company...well, the handle was way too long on that one, too, and he drug it, (just one time), and it got a hole in it, so that one was a goner.... Heck, he's over 6 feet tall!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Hey.....Texas has stuff!!

I'm so bored with myself today. The freebies are UNDER-whelming and I'm too pooped to feel very witty. Days like today make me wonder if I should poof up my hair, put on some serious makeup and see if I can't find a man to pay my bills so I don't have to work.
I think TX has tornados, right?

With hair like that, don't you need one of those drinks called Sex on the Beach?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Lottery tickets are much safer.
Yea, I was going to say that going to work is less stress.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Yeay Camper-your getting back to your old self. Hoping every day you feel better!
Since the kids were young I've been in retail merchandising. Moving out here- only working average 13 hours per week. I have been totally bored. Don't need full time but with no young kids at home-13 hours didn't cut it!
Well hooray, maybe the economy is picking up-new job 25 hours/week!
Congrats on the new job!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
I still think the Glad Trash Bag company is behind this legislation.

And why haven't the Save a Tree people started an uproar?

Sigh. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Time to go buy some Glad stock

Old 06-18-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I'll bet they said freeze it into ice cubes and then later add it to things such as spaghetti sauce when you make it....

Marinade.
Add to beef stew or pot roast.
Deglaze a pan and make a sauce.
Make your own wine vinegar.
Ice cubes. (points to Wurzig!)
and a mulled red wine syrup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff