Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM

19 posts, read 102,622 times

Advertisements

Looking for a one week summer rental at one of the Delaware Beaches, family of 14. What beach is better for families. Is one beach better than the other. Not looking for a place where a lot of high school teens frequent. Looking for end of June to 6th or 7th of July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM

8 posts, read 16,957 times
Me too. Love answer for this one. Although, for an family of 4. Anytime for the summer, as well.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,383,184 times
Bethany is probably the most family-friendly.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
I would vote Bethany as well. Rehobeth has a very nice boardwalk though, I would make the trip up there one night

Old 01-05-2013, 05:42 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,912,548 times
I'll also say Bethany--not a big draw for the teen crowd or rowdy people. However, there are nice restaurants, a small boardwalk, and a beautiful, well-kept beach. Many of the larger beach houses can accommodate a family of 14--check with a local Bethany realtor or online. You'll need to book soon because I understand they fill up fast--good luck!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
You haven't mentioned budget. In North Bethany there is an area of large beach homes with a private beach. Sorry I can't get excited about Bethany boardwalk but it's an easy drive to Rehoboth or Ocean City for that.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM

657 posts, read 695,715 times
I'm not sure if i went to the wrong side of the beach, but Rehoboth has pesky parking meters near the beach that have to be continously fed. Park in a parking lot, don't make my mistake if you are going there.
Bethany is very nice, we enjoyed it.

I'd say both beaches are more family oriented although there are always youngams. Shopping and eating near the beach is very reasonable. I thought the quality of the food was decent.

I am not in love with the water in the North east though, it looks and feels dirty, but DE beaches are much better in comparison. I go every year. There is an older more mature crouf in DE beaches, which is great for families.

Ocean city md is awesome and is a short drive south. There are tons of shops, restaurants, entertainment and many other things to do. Although i never stopped in Ocean City, i loved it.

Off topic a bit, but we've been to VA beach the last 2 years (much younger croud than DE, not optimal for family), and the buffalo wings by pier 11 (pizza shop) are amazing. We go straight there when we arrive.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
I'm not sure if i went to the wrong side of the beach, but Rehoboth has pesky parking meters near the beach that have to be continously fed. Park in a parking lot, don't make my mistake if you are going there.
The meters are only operative during the summer season. between the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday following Labor Day. Other than during the summer season, parking is free at Rehoboth Beach.

During the season, there is also an option for those with smartphones to pay for their meter time through something called Parkmobile.

You can also use DART First State's Park & Ride Lot located on Shuttle Road off of Delaware Rte. 1, north of Rehoboth Avenue.

There are many options that can keep you from worrying about continuously feeding the meters.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,383,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
That's how all public parking in downtown Rehoboth is. There are no lots.

You can buy a parking permit and park in the residential areas, but that's expensive, and can be far from where you want to be.

The only other option is to park in a lot outside Rehoboth and take a bus in.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post

The only other option is to park in a lot outside Rehoboth and take a bus in.
Or go to a State Park. Park right across the dune from the beach and have dressing room with showers available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware