Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 11:45 PM

4 posts, read 20,898 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me the morning and evening rush hour commute times to the Philly Intl Airport from the following cities:

Newark
Bear
Middletown
Smyrna
Delaware City
Elsmere
Hockessin
Mt Pleasant
Townsend

If any of these town suck, please let me know as I am looking at moving to DE in the next couple of months. If anyone has any other ideas as far as safe, family friendly cities to live in, along with rush hour commutes from those suggested cities, I would greatly appreciate it. I will be looking at houses in the 200-300k range.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 PM

405 posts, read 1,375,123 times
Ooooo excellent question, I would like to know this myself!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 AM

33 posts, read 173,255 times
I have lived in Delaware (just north of Wilmington) all of my life (38 years). I can tell you that rush hour around Philadelphia from anywhere is a nightmare. PHL airport area has the worst traffic and roads around. From Wilmington itself you need to allow 45 min to an hour to get to the airport at rush hour. Without traffic and not speeding it is an easy 20 min drive from Wilmington, and Hockessin areas. Also for people looking at Hockessin be prepared to leave for school early! Morning traffic out there is bad!

Old 01-26-2008, 12:25 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,539 times
Well...............I-95 is a messs by the airport but to get there you have to use route 1 which is not bad at all.
If we were thinking of moving close to philly, i would have chosen Newark, middletown or bear.
right now, we live in Magnolia not far from sussex county but have driven through those other areas.
I do not claim to be an expert, this is just my opinion riding through these neighborhoods.
A lot of nice developments.
No matter how you slice it, I95 is a mess.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 AM

15 posts, read 53,997 times
I have lived in Delaware for 5 years and I am from Philly and have unfortunately had the pleasure of traveling both ways. I95 can be a diaster during rush hour traffic. If you live in Bear DE and north of that it would take you 45-1hr travel time. If you live in Smyrna, Odessa ect. it would take you like 1hr 15mn to 1hr 35mn to get to the airport. If this was going to be a constant route for you, you probably want to consider Northern Delaware like Claymont! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware