Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:29 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,351,165 times

Advertisements

Well...wanted to thank you all for your time and info. I've begun the "from home" research process by looking at both South Kent and North Sussex counties. Then I'm eliminating all those who are not open on weekends. Then I'm eliminating all those with under a 4.5 "rating." Spent the early morning reading reviews and many folks do mention the inflated prices. I don't know how accommodating they will be if I ask for a price list, but it seems I have to in order to make a decision.

Now I spend a fortune on my canines which I won't go into (you might have me committed ). BUT... I don't want to spend more than I currently do if one of my reasons for moving to the First State is to retire on a budget. Makes sense, right?

Thanks again. You folks are fabulous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 12:38 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,625 times
I'm in Dover, walking distance to Brenford Vet. I have heard good things about them, but I no longer have pets so no personal experience. I will be near there tomorrow and can check hours/availability - I know there is a notice on their window with a 24-hour emergency vet phone #. I know how you feel about your dogs - I waited till my cat passed away to move because he liked and was familiar with my neighborhood, even though I was dying to move.

Good luck! Lots of work and expense to move, but worth it if you find the right place.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
Well...wanted to thank you all for your time and info. I've begun the "from home" research process by looking at both South Kent and North Sussex counties. Then I'm eliminating all those who are not open on weekends. Then I'm eliminating all those with under a 4.5 "rating." Spent the early morning reading reviews and many folks do mention the inflated prices. I don't know how accommodating they will be if I ask for a price list, but it seems I have to in order to make a decision.

Now I spend a fortune on my canines which I won't go into (you might have me committed ). BUT... I don't want to spend more than I currently do if one of my reasons for moving to the First State is to retire on a budget. Makes sense, right?

Thanks again. You folks are fabulous.
Just a warning - my cat got cancer from vaccinations - make sure you space vaccines out to prevent this. I feel so bad, but my cat was a stray and vaccinated all at once when neutered. Later on my Vet was very conservative with vaccines - rabies because he went outside, but other vaccines she said "he already has immunity" but it was too late. It is called vaccine-related fibrosarcoma. Be careful with vaccines.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Just a warning - my cat got cancer from vaccinations - make sure you space vaccines out to prevent this. I feel so bad, but my cat was a stray and vaccinated all at once when neutered. Later on my Vet was very conservative with vaccines - rabies because he went outside, but other vaccines she said "he already has immunity" but it was too late. It is called vaccine-related fibrosarcoma. Be careful with vaccines.
Oh, I am SO utterly sorry to hear this~~ I do space mine apart because I am afraid of too many chemicals going into them at once. I figured I already have enough to worry about with the Doberman and the Collie - and their inherent conditions - than to add to it.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:55 PM

Default Vet clinic

I walked by Brenford today and hours are Mon. - Fri. 8:30 to 5:30. The sign on the door says after hours to call Delmarva Emergency Clinic. I'm guessing that is in the Dover area.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:02 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
HOME

Emergency Clinic

Old 03-19-2018, 05:41 PM

One of the three I requested on a price check got back to me today (it was my first choice on paper). No higher than my current vet, who is quite expensive but is EXCELLENT. Although I'm on a tight budget, I don't mind giving up other things in order for my canines (whom I love with my whole heart) can have the very best quality of life.

Greatly appreciate all of your help and advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: